[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I asked a friend for a cigarette last night, and he said he ran

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: img108691-previewImage.jpg (256KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
img108691-previewImage.jpg
256KB, 720x405px
I asked a friend for a cigarette last night, and he said he ran out. 15 minutes later I saw him offer one to someone else, he noticed that I noticed and tried to reconcile things. I blocked him on social media and cut off contact.

Overreaction or justified?
>>
>>18021067

overreaction at the very least. keep in mind that there are more than just two reactions. your choices arent divided by 'cut all contact' and 'maintain the status quo'.

if you are constantly bumming cigarettes he may be tired of that. its a courtesy to offer a cigarette to a stranger, especially if you have an ulterior motive. was this soemoen else someone he had a romantic/sexual interest in? or even just a potential friend?

but when a long time friend wont fucking stop bumming cigarettes, you're just paying for soemones cigs at that point
>>
>>18021089
It was the first time I asked him for a cigarette in a long while. He also used to ask me for cigarettes.

And he gave it to someone that he barely knew. Not a girl either. I assumed that he respected me less than this dude and respect is important.
>>
>>18021099

again, it doesn't have to be a romantic interest, but even a potential friend or a sign of courtesy.

he might havej ust been greedy one minute and not the next. its hard to say. you could talk to him and ask why but he may not be honest.

regardless, probably an over reaction. maybe not if theres other signs he just barely tolerates your existence but we wouldnt know.
>>
>>18021067
That's a complete overreaction. You fucking disowned him solely because he didn't feel like giving you a cancer stick at the time. Being pissed off is understandable, but this is borderline autistic unless there's more to this story than you're giving us.
>>
Over reaction for sure. If you want cigarettes go buy a pack or offer to pay him for one, your not entitled to cigarettes he spent his money on presumably from working a job. I presume that you bumper cigarettes from him often, otherwise he probably wouldn't have felt the need to lie to you versus telling you to fuck off. The only thing he did wrong was lie to you. He should have just said "No, go buy your own".
>>
I don't know if it was the right thing to do, but you have every right to handle your relationships as you see fit. If by him lying to you is grounds to cut off contact, then by all means nobody in this thread has the right to tell you how to handle your situation.

I think what your friend did was a very shitty thing to do. Honestly, the more I think about it, the vast majority of people in the world are incredibly shitty people. Learn to tolerate it, or do as you've done and limit your exposure to their shitiness.
>>
>>18021192
>I think what your friend did was a very shitty thing to do. Honestly, the more I think about it, the vast majority of people in the world are incredibly shitty people.
Maybe you're the shitty one. Nobody owes OP free stuff, the guy can do what he wants with his own cigarettes
>>
It is justified. A lier is a lier.
>>
>>18021192
>you have every right to handle your relationships as you see fit
That's completely meaningless. Just because you have the right to do the worst thing you could do for the shittiest reason, that doesn't mean you should fucking do it.
OP made this thread to gather the opinions of others to better understand if what he did was justified, not if he's objectively allowed to do it.

Also, everyone inside or outside this thread has the right to give advice on how to handle the situation. That's the entire point of this board. OP is just under no obligation to follow said advice.
>>
>>18021067
If you don't like that he did that then fuck him, it's your life, your rules on who you let communicate with you.
>>
>>18021067
>completely cuts off a friend because of one cig

Lmao I know why he didn't give you one in the first place
>>
>>18021067
Typical teen girl behavior. Trivial madness -> Hissy fit -> Dropped friend.
Grow up. Man didn't want to give you a smoke. Live with it.
>>
>>18021230
Seems like you have no friends
>>
Get over it. It can't have been a good friendship if you're willing to drop him over that. Yeah what happened is a bit annoying but friends forgive and move on
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.