[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like owning your own cafe? I've been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1484715978231.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484715978231.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
What's it like owning your own cafe? I've been thinking it seems nice for a while now, just having your own cozy little Asian bakery/cafe.
>>
Don't something like 75% of new eateries fail within the first year?
>>
Your pic is super related lol, but seriously, owning a business is a huge hastle. If it is your passion then go for it, but it will be a full time job (maybe upwards of 12/13 hours a day depending) so be aware that it won't be like living beside a lake and fishing for a living.
>>
Not only do you need culinary know-how, you also need to know about business management. Most places fail because they can't get their management right.
>>
>>18020671
Not to mention, you also need to be able to provide the right atmosphere and good service too. This isn't something one person can do on their own, and you need significant capital to start up too
>>
>>18020636
Businesses fail because they all want to do is have their own cozy little asian cafe instead of running a business. It's not random chance that decides who fails, it's your own dedication, discipline and hard work.

So OP if you're willing to learn and work hard, go for it and you will succeed, if you want to just sit around enjoying the atmosphere then give up. It helps a lot if you have experience with running a business and/or know how a cafe operates so maybe get a job in one first and try to get as much knowledge from the owner/manager as possible.
>>
Honestly I want to do the same thing, but running a business is not some fun thing you do for the atmosphere. It's hard work.

But in a few years after I finish college(state paid college in europe so no debt) and save up a bit I would love to start a small maid cafe. I had this idea for like 2 years because despite living in a big city, maid cafes are non-existent here and I think it would be a nice way to distinguish it from all the other cafes.

I'd go for the sort of cozy wooden aesthetic the cafe in Frasier had, but with maids, it would be fucking glorious.
>>
Stop watching anime. Seriously.
>>
>>18020623
source on the pic?
>>
>>18020623
running your own business is not nice unless you have a stupidly large amount of capital. the hours and stress take their toll on your life and relationships
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.