[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is there to do in this stupid boring monkey life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: rubik.jpg (55KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
rubik.jpg
55KB, 600x430px
What the fuck is there to do in this stupid boring monkey life besides:
1. chase pussy/dick
2. have kids
3. gossip about others in your tribe

I can't stop seeing the pointlessness of it all. It's all meaningless and uninteresting. How does anyone carry on in this life?

Help
>>
there is no objective meaning. what you're experiencing is just a mental/emotional state. when it changes, you'll be less bothered and maybe more interested in "monkey things."

also stop being reductionist it's dumb and annoying
>>
>>18020642
It doesn't feel like a temporary state. It's always humming in the background as I go about my day and try and stave off the "what now" feeling. It's more quiet sometimes, but it always returns
>>
>>18020621
4. vidya
5. drugs
6. seek a genuine sense of fulfillment by setting meaningful goals for yourself and striving to achieve them
>>
>>18020974
I think you mean
4.vidya
5. Drugs
6. Wanking
>>
>>18020986
shit youre right
>>
I feel you.
I go to work, pretend to be bubbly, teach ESL KG students English, listen to co-workers complain about each other at lunch, come home to look after the newborn son and not fuck my wife because she's still recovering.
I wonder if I should have given up each time I nearly died or actually made an attempt on my life myself before I got so involved in other people's lives, but it's too late for that.

I've heard we make our meaning in life by setting goals to strive toward and filling time with hobbies and meaningful relationships; I have genuine love, I am changing lives with my work, I'm manually competent in almost whatever needs doing and I'm still fucking empty inside.

Life is meaningless. You could do everything or nothing at all with your life and either way it's only as good as the value you yourself are able to assign to it.
>>
>>18021022
Newborn kid, wife, love, meaningful work and still empty inside? Shit, that's really disheartening. I hope you find your way anon.
>>
>>18020621

try creating instead of consuming.
>>
>>18020621
4. polymath-autodidact-inventor
5. scientists/engineer
6. financial tycoon with full hedonist in your copious spare time
7. suicide
8. professional vidya player

These are but a few examples that could give you meaning if you allow yourself to ascribe to them (at least partially), personally I'm going for no. 4. Make some meaning for yourself or kill yourself. Start with breaking habits and simply working at something in full. It's on you, mate.

>>18021895
This is also good advice.
>>
>>18021930
>>18021895
Fair enough. I'll make some shit up.
>>
>>18021022
Maybe you should just cheat if you're that bored
>>
>>18021887
Me too. Thanks anon.

>>18022136
Nah, came from a fucked up household because of that amongst other things my old man did. Last thing I need to do is replicate the same mistakes and fuck up my kids life and whoever he decides to involve in it.
>>
File: narcisse.jpg (18KB, 260x315px) Image search: [Google]
narcisse.jpg
18KB, 260x315px
Life is meaningless, it's both terrifying and great. Can you imagine a life with a pre-set goal ? Like reaching X level of productivity, building X stuff ? It would a life for robots, not free humans

I know this reality is tough to accept, but you must embrace it and conceive your own meaning. If you feel a void, it's because you're just letting yourself live as your cast / society wanted to be and don't make your own life choices. Take some hindsight. Think about what you love and what you want to be.

The most important thing is diminishing the easy, short term fake satisfactions that won't make you truly happy. Consume less, invest more in projets / personal work. Build stuff. Reaping the sweat of weeks of work is something amazing
>>
>>18021895
/thread
>>
>>18022694
Outstanding no bull shit advice.
>>
>>18020621

Welcome to your first existential crisis! I suggest you realize that what you think of as preordaibed purpose is, in your case at least, a projection of your inner self. It follows that you have the power to change this and create a life in your own vision. Godspeed, OP!
>>
>>18021022

You might be broken. Seek professional help.
>>
Too true better off dead anyways. Top yourself.
>>
Have you ever been on a fucking motorbike? Or shot morphine up your ass? Or gone deep sea diving? Water skiing? Weed? Movies? Weightlifting? Sex? Clothes? Snowboarding/skiing?

There is so much fucking fun shit I could double that list without thinking much. You just gotta get money, then you can do it all. Don't even need that much money. Do it fag.
>>
>>18021022
There's your mistake. You had a kid.

Kids suck money+time which is everything you need to do >>18022956 so just don't have kids and you can be happy 5eva.

You're right about it being meaningless. I like that though. Takes the pressure off.
>>
>>18022694
Fucking this.

Im a recluse that barely leaves his apartment to hang out with friends and my hobby is making candles for myself. Im 23, live on my own, have no gf and I have no interest in seeking one. I'm comfy as all hell with my life right now, though I'm sure a lot of you would think it's boring as shit. Funny part is I feel more complete than the previous posting guy that allegedly has a steady job, wife, kids, and does world changing stuff
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.