[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I posted this a while ago but didn't find the answer I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1447507495514.jpg (122KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447507495514.jpg
122KB, 960x960px
I posted this a while ago but didn't find the answer I was looking for

How do I start enjoying the present. I do things I don't like just to pass the time

Then in the future i look back to those things and think how good they were. It's like im living in the past constantly
>>
>>18020532
There are only two days in your life you can't control.

One is yesterday, the other one tomorrow.
>>
Read into mindfulness and all that stuff, it's literally made for people like you.
>>
>>18020532
start mindfulness meditiation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpUNAFHgxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMhLmErz5Q

>Then in the future i look back to those things and think how good they were
a nice mental exercise for this is to close your eyes and imagine yourself being an old man near the end of his life. Really immerse yourself in that role. Immagine how you look back at your life and remember all the great times you had. Remember the things you have actually done and the ones you want have done until you grow up to be that old man. You will naturally feel a wish emerge that you could do it all over again. You begin to wish that you were a young man again living this life again. You wish you could just open your eyes and be that young man.... then you open your eyes

wake up everyday and repeat a mantra fitting your personality the best fitting to the general "carpe diem" idea. Make this a routine

Try to remind yourself occasionally (whenever it comes to mind) how good you have it
>>
>>18020544
>>18020556
Thanks, I'll look into it
>>
Seems like some stupid shit to me. You gave half the answer yourself. Just replace the stuff you don't like with things you do like. Go get a girlfriend, and blow some Lemon haze and fuck her silly while you persue your dreams like career or hobbies, getting a nice house, fuck more bitches, cheat on ur girl, its exciting. And go down on her when she's had a misscarrage to talk to ghosts; whatever thrills you and makes you happy
>>
>>18020591
>whatever thrills you and makes you happy
That was the point, nothing makes me happy. The only happiness i find is thinking about things I did in the past.

I can spend a day watching some silly TV show and maybe in a year I'll look back to this day and think how good it was. But at this very moment, it doesn't feel like that. It's like for me to enjoy anything, everything must get worse as the time goes

Although It could mean that I need to do terrible things now so that I could enjoy anything in the future
>>
smoke pot
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.