[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here done freelancing on the internet? can you live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1485742885982.jpg (287KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485742885982.jpg
287KB, 640x640px
Has anyone here done freelancing on the internet?

can you live off freelancing on the internet?

I'm going to be a programmer, if you need some info.
>>
>>18018783

yes, some people can.

>im going to be

worry about that when you actually are.
>>
>>18018793
got any more info on that.

I'm studying CS but I wonder if I can work freelance over the internet and travel a lot.

that would be my dream.
>>
>>18018795

the problem here is that you assume it would pay enough to be a part time job, when most programmers are working overtime to meet deadlines, especially if you're a freelancer doing stupid shit instead of working on a real team.
>>
>>18018797
So basically your advice is work a real job, save enough money and start investing then retire early?
>>
>>18018804

not what i said at all. you can try that if you want, but investments are eh and lifestyles of the now tend to win out over how much you'd have to save over time (unless you made something HUGE and werent just typing it in for someone else).

my advice would be to travel here and there. most peopel take vacations, and with programmers tending to be more on a project by project basis they can travel for longer periods inbetween work. my friend is a programmer and gets around a lot.
>>
>>18018807
I need to make around 90k dolars to get around 500 USD montly of dividends.

if I work and live frugally saving the most, I could save a lot in a couple of years, then retire.
>>
>>18018814

do what you want.
>>
>>18018825
I dunno, why do you think is impossible?
>>
>>18018831
Because there's a cult out there that tells consumers they shouldn't even bother trying to save or prepare for the future beyond mild emergencies, they should just spend spend spend to "aid the economy". Rack up the credit card debt, stop caring about your future! Stupid guy, nobody gets rich these days! Just let the 1% keep hold over your future and NEVER try to excel beyond!

Always remember people that give advice always have agenda behind it.
>>
>>18018868
yeah, bro, I wanna move to USA maybe or an european country, work five years, saving the most, investing, then retire and fuck bitches.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.