[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will dating someone who has completely different political views

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: jeb.jpg (58KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
jeb.jpg
58KB, 662x800px
Will dating someone who has completely different political views work out in the long term? Is one person basically forced to cave in to the others views for the relationship to work?
>>
why would you want to
>>
>>18018669

depends, hwo often do your political views impact your real life? do you campaign for your party? do you go to events hosted by your party? do you talk about politics just to have arguments?

for most normal people it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>18018678
I just rather know ahead of time before I sink too much time into it
>>
>>18018685
I think as of right now they have a very mild impact, I just know from past experience with friends that you can easily lose someone if you are on the other "side"
>>
>>18018669
It depends on if it impacts your long term goals.

If you're conservative traditionalist, and expect her to give up her career in favour of keeping your house and raising your babies, and she wants something more flexible then yes, it will cause issues.

However, if you just believe different things and are capable of negotiating, or if you just vote differently, it shouldn't matter.
>>
>>18018700
That's a very good point, I didn't think about it that way. In the end it's just about being flexible i guess
>>
>>18018705
What is the situation?

You're conservative she's liberal? that's the most common one.

Hell, I'm left wing (not an SJW though, more traditional kind) and my boyfriend went through a legitimate fascist phase, and we managed.
>>
>>18018713
Just what you said, Conservative and she's a liberal. Good to hear that it's not impossible. Frankly, other than her political views it's hard to complain
>>
>>18018697

if it doesn't actually impact your life, than being a part of the party doesn't make much sense now does it?

all that being said, as long as you're both mature, your relationships shelf life will be no different from any other couple

but if you are both passionate about politics, or even just one of you is, than yeah its gonna be an issue.

keep in mind that republican and democrat are broad terms and not every issue has to be left up to your party.

there are many republicans who are pro gay marriage, and plenty of democrats who are pro gun, for instance. if you find yourself agreeing wiht your party on every issue then you probably care more about the party than the issues.

and if you care about the issues enough that you actually DO care when it differs from your party (as opposed to just ignoring it) than you should have no problem accepting your partner has different issues too.
>>
>>18018700
That's called sexism anon
>>
>>18018731
HERE WE GO
>>
>>18018669
no it wont. politics takes other forms in life like how u go about socially constructed things so youll just hate each other and have less to talk about after arguing.
>>
>>18018723
Well, there will be situations where there could be issues, like, say, an unwanted pregnancy, and later, if you stay together for long enough, the issue of sharing working and childrearing and doing housework vs male breadwinner/female housewife (which in all likelihood she will not want).

However, if you're both willing to flex on these (particularly you in the second point, as in my experience it is conservatives who tend to want to force women into the homemaker role, whereas liberals tend to want to figure it out on a case by case basis), you should be okay.

Hell, it can lead to some interesting discussions, like it did with me and my partner, and there's far less stigma attached to being conservative than a fascist.

I'm not saying it's easy though. There will be arguments etc.
>>
>>18018731
>That's called sexism anon
Oh?
>>
>>18018737
You just contradicted yourself.
>no it won't
>you'll just hate each other
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.