[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been working a door to door sales job >always go to team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (84KB, 480x813px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 480x813px
>been working a door to door sales job
>always go to team meetings! tell boss I'm gonna get out there
>really uncomfortable with it, always pussy out and never go out and do it
>thinking about door to door makes me really nervous
>Boss texts me and asks how I feel about the sales per hour worked goal, and asks if I'm willing to commit to it
>Also says he wants me to be happy and successful in my professional life

Is he starting to get upset at my performance? Should I just tell him I don't think the jobs for me? Is he gonna fire me?
>>
File: 1481234349151.gif (156KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1481234349151.gif
156KB, 500x282px
Bump, I have a meeting I'd have to leave for in 15 minutes. Should I just not go?
>>
>>18017440
The only way to get more comfortable with it is to go out there and try to make sales. It will be difficult at first, but will get much easier with a little time.

I got put into a sales position with my company and I had zero experience. It was uncomfortable at first, but after a while I actually learned to enjoy it. Just go out there and do it.

What are you selling?

What's your pay schedule look like? Is is all commission or is there a base pay?
>>
>>18017699
Selling solar panels, it's a small base pay plus commission.
>>
As a salesperson your entire purpose and reason for being on the payroll is to make sales. If you can't do that do not expect to be successful and expect to be performance managed until you are, or you are fired. If you've no intention of improving at your job then you should start looking for another job before it gets awkward.

I could give you tips, but when I'm on my computer not phone.
>>
>>18017729
Tips on what anon? I'd rather quit before I get fired, I feel that I'm not a salesman in my gut. Especially not a door-to-door one
>>
>>18017734
Ok. Starting simply the biggest challenge most people have is asking for a sale. They feel awkward and embarrassed, they've got preconceived notions around dishonest salespeople and asking for money, they feel like they are being a nuisance, interrupting people and taking up their time so they don't approach or open, let alone offer the service and try to close.

Basically most of it is restructuring your thinking so you don't think like that until you believe it. You aren't hassling people, you are offering them a choice. They are free to take it or refuse. You aren't doing anything more than giving them some information which they might find interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I mean as a door to door salesperson you are completely cold approaching people and this is the hardest type of sales. It is purely a numbers game here, you'll need to deal with rejection potentially hundreds of times before somebody says yes I'm interested.

Just asking for the sale is the most basic advice. Knock on the door. Ask if they have ever considered solar panels. That is pretty much it, knock on enough doors and you'll eventually hit somebody who is interested.

Taking things more complex, then you start to enter pushy territory. You open with "have you ever wished there was a straightforward way to save money and the environment? Lots of people feel this way, but they don't have the time to take it further, would you like me to run through it with you, we have an excellent offer at the moment which I'd hate for you to miss".

If they say no, you ask if you can just tell them about your company and what innovations are going on in the market right now. You ask if they are not interested now, would they consider it in the future? Can you take some details? When would be good to come back?

You offer everything as something which is helpful and you try to work out what priorities each customer has. Then ask for the sale. Ask again in a different way. Forget it and move on.
>>
>>18017840
This is all good advice. Once you get good at it rather than just spitting out some bs spiel or direct offering, you should be able to get an instant judgement of someone to figure out the right way to approach them. That's what separates good salesmen from salesmen.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.