[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in text convo with classmate >ask pretty innocuous question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

>in text convo with classmate
>ask pretty innocuous question about something she mentioned doing after making a slight joke about it that may have come across as rude
>stops responding
I just want to talk to her, any ideas?
>>
Tl;dr Wanted conversation, she stopped responding, what do

PS I don't wanna fuck her
>>
>>18017202
I just pooped in a urinal :)
>>
>>18017226
Tell her that you've pooped in a urinal before.
>>
>>18017227
This is akin to saying I kicked a baby in my book.
>>
>>18017202

If she doesn't want to talk, she doesn't want to talk. Maybe she is busy, maybe she really didn't like what you wrote. Whatever, find another conversation partner anad forget about her.
>>
>>18017237
I wanted to know about her anxiety, she mentioned it in class last semester and I always related to her as a result, I want to keep talking to her.

What I said was a bit fucked up, nothing uber offensive but I kinda regret it. Should I juat apologize?
>>
You could at least post the conversation instead of this absurdly substanceless greentext nonsense
>>
>>18017239
>Should I juat apologize?

You can try. It gives you a better chance than doing nothing. But as I said, if she is done with you, she is done. Start getting ready for that possibility.
>>
>>18017240
It's wince inducing in hindsight but if it helps, here.
>>
>>18017251
It's you on the right, right?
>>
>>18017252
Yes it is.
>>
>>18017251
Nah you're fine
>>
>>18017242
I want to do what I can to talk to her again, I always wanted to talk to her more during class last semester because no one else I knew had the kind of problems I had.

I really didn't mean to make her feel shitty but I feel like I came across as rude so I think I'll apologize.
>>
>>18017256
Are you sure?

Should I just wait it out?
>>
>>18017260
>I want to do what I can to talk to her again

Good luck. If there's a chance, showing you are truly sorry is your best course of action.
>>
File: msg.png (52KB, 1435x549px) Image search: [Google]
msg.png
52KB, 1435x549px
>>18017269
How's this?

I don't really trust myself to judge if a message is worth sending anymore.
>>
>>18017278
What the fuck bro don't fuck with her. Just fuck this bullshit. Don't give a shit. No point.
>>
>>18017345
I actually sent it and she said she fell asleep, we're talking right now.

Why do you think I shouldn't had sent it? I wanted to talk to her.
>>
>>18017267
>>18017278
You're fine. You weren't rude. Honestly, it's a very normal thing to say. Like you said before in this thread, you've got anxiety issues, and I think they're fucking with you a little here. Don't send another text for a little while, a lot of people don't text back very quickly. It's entirely possible she's busy. When the conversation starts up again, offer your apology saying something like I hope this didn't offend you. No reason to get up in arms about it.

That said, the text you put together there is perfect. I don't think you can go wrong here.

You're doing great anon! :)
>>
>>18017251
looks fine
don't apologize for reply times unless it's legitimately important
>>
>>18017350
Hey, this is >>18017357

So, doing that once in a while isn't a big deal if you really think you fucked up, Doing it all the time comes across as very insecure. Some people won't fault you for it and let it go, others will be put off by it. I've got a friend at college who's a freshman and if I don't respond he'll send apologies and (though I'm sure he doesn't realize he's doing it) guilt me. Being made to feel guilty is my number one no no. But I know he doesn't have many friends, so I let it go. Not everyone is going to do that.

TL;DR, what >>18017362 said
>>
>>18017350
there's a chance she just doesn't really want to talk to you
seems like you've only just started talking so i wouldn't worry about it but you seem like you could use knowing that
>>
>>18017350
>>18017365
>>18017362
Think of apologies as a limited resource, basically. Use them when you need them.
>>
>>18017365
>>18017362
>>18017368
I'll try to get better about that but I actually thought I had said something kinda fucked up and I remember her getting discouraged somewhat easily about things.

She said she wasn't offended though so I guess it worked out, she's yet to get back to two other messages I sent but I'm not stressing over it, she mentioned working a garage sale right now.
>>
>>18017377
OP here again, most importantly, she seemed to have gotten over her anxiety which is what I really wanted to know. Her texts seem happy in a way which made me more hopeful and that's what I wanted.
>>
>>18017202
Someday some genius is going to invent a hand-held gizmo that looks something like a texter but that you can actually talk to people through, using your voice and words and like that, and you'll have the solution to your problem.
>>
>>18017398
I think you didn't get the premise of the thread

It's >>18017226, if that helps.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.