[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I tell my therapist that the real reason why I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1468279262052.jpg (9KB, 160x237px) Image search: [Google]
1468279262052.jpg
9KB, 160x237px
should I tell my therapist that the real reason why I haven't killed myself yet is because I fell in love with an anime girl?
>>
Yeah why not, that's what they're there for.
>>
>>18017194
I unno OP he might think you have psychological problems, you should talk to someone professionally trained in that kinda thing, this guy might think you're weird.
>>
>>18017211
No fucking shit Sherlock, why would he go to a therapist if he didn't have psychological problems?
>>
>>18017218
Man I'm so glad I'm smarter than humorless plebeians such as yourself.
>>
>>18017194
The answer to EVERY possible question that begins "Should I tell my therapist..." is Yes.

What exactly would be the point of going to a professional for psychological help and keeping secrets from him?
>>
>>18017431
You might end up in a worse situation with worse medication, because they think you have X, when you're just lonely and don't know what to do against it.
That's a reason I can think of.
>>
>>18017431
Actually, no. I would stress that, when you say you're suicidal, that you say you don't have a plan to actually do it. That's one of the only times that they can break confidentiality, if they think you're in the process of actually killing yourself.
But it's also a way for people to be able to talk about it comfortably, to know the distinction. It's fine to talk about suicidal ideation. It's fine to talk about how much you want to be dead. You've just got to put on the footnote of, "But y'know, I'd never ACTUALLY do it"
There are people who think that if you talk about suicide at all, that you'll get locked up. It's only a specific situation, and if people know where that line is, then they can toe it more comfortably.

I mean, sure, if someone is actually going to kill themselves, maybe they should be watched more thoroughly. But if that person thinks they're going to be institutionalized, they aren't going to want to talk about it at all. If they start talking about it at a safer level, then the therapist can conquer what's behind these issues without resorting to institutionalization.

That's kind of what we're here for, at /adv/. To ask questions without any consequences, and to figure out answers without it being tied to us.
>>
>>18017448
It's a therapist's job to figure out if you're just lonely. They're usually more aware of the sad-people world than the general population.
You're also totally allowed to say, "Yeah I'm not going to take that medication." and "I worry that you think I'm extra crazy when really I'm just lonely." Therapists are typically open minded, understanding, and patient. That's why they went into that work.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.