[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >constantly busy/exploring things to do to keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IRprod1.gif (11KB, 715x553px) Image search: [Google]
IRprod1.gif
11KB, 715x553px
>be me
>constantly busy/exploring things to do to keep my mind occupied
>severely depressed when not doing anything
>feel unfulfilled once work is completed
>constant regret/obsessing about mistakes on the way
>friends and family pushed to the side because I feel like they're slowing me down

I was brought up with the mentality that hard work is the key to a good life.

However slowly I'm starting to feel like it's leading to my descent into insanity. At this point I don't even know to what end-goal is but just the stimulation my brain gets seems to be enough.

/adv/ice on how to break out of this vicious cycle is greatly appreciated!
>>
>>18016882
Hard work is the key to a comfortable standard of living. Compassion for your fellow man, which is what you severely lack, is the key to a good life.
>>
>>18016882
>Infrared spectroscopy of a organic cobalt salt
Hello fellow chemist.
>>
>>18016886

Yes, I admit that it's a bad habit of mine. In my defence, it's sort of a culture thing here to be focussed and judged on your work; so my parents, for the most part, understand my attitude.

>>18016900

Hello there. ChemEng major actually, but considering switching to Chemistry. Any tips?
>>
>>18016882
Sounds like you might have good old anxiety there friendo, and it's showing itself by making you work like crazy while obsessing over mistakes
Why do you get depressed when you aren't working? Is it because you simply don't like being idle or do you worry that if you're not constantly doing something you'll be a failure?
>>
>>18016912

I find a lot of relaxation in doing challenging things.

The root of my depression probably stems from all the expectations from my peers, even if I surpassed a lot of them at this point I feel inadequate.
>>
>>18016903
Use that brilliant noggin of yours and do some research on how to make the most of a collectivist culture.
>>
>>18016903
I think it's a decent idea, since there's an overload of E-chems in USA.
I'm a E-chem myself, but not from 'murica.
I'm currently a stationary engineer, but eventually i'll be promoted to supervisor, when i finish my MBA (currently on trial)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.