[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point in emotionally investing in something as fickle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

What is the point in emotionally investing in something as fickle as another person? What's the joy? What do you actually get out of that that you couldn't get from a group of friends, one night stands/masturbation/hookers, and a dog?
>>
You get a few of those things in a neat little package of one person, i guess.
>>
the point is by not emotionally investing in a fickle person, but a person who is rarely or not fickle.
>>
>>18016296
Friends are as fickle as romantic relationships. Believe me. If you're lucky, one can find true romance and true friends. But it takes tons of work. You gamble with your emotions to experience something more than yourself.
>>
>>18016296

i lean towards your side, but not as extreme. i dont really date myself, one night stands or the occassional fling is enough for me.

you are right about romance, it is the most fragile of all the human relationships. shoudl you invest in it the most? obviously not. however, you should invest in it a little. why not? if its your hting at least.

the truth is if you are going to stop investing in relationships and be bitter about it, than you're not fixing your problem, you are succumbing to it. you are becoming a sad person because of relationships without even being in one.

but if you're happy just having friends, the occassional one night stand, and what not, enjoy, i sure as hell do.
>>
>>18016384
Is all that hurt really worth it?
>>
>>18016296

The actual answer here is convenience, what you said would work but its a lot more effort to keep a solid stream of one night stands going, making plans with friends and following through and having to go out and spend money on hookers. Not to mention the sex will likely be hit or miss with randoms where as with the same partner you can slowly improve together.

When you have a partner you are pretty much together day and night without question or planning, a best friend that doesn't leave your side and you can have sex with whenever you both feel like it, its just maximum convenience.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.