[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I shop for groceries? I found a couple of cookbooks and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

How do I shop for groceries?

I found a couple of cookbooks and I want to learn how to cook. Do I just buy what I need for that one recipe or do I compensate and buy a variety for multiple dishes?

Note: I've never cooked anything that required a recipe before
>>
>>18015100
try to plan out like a week at a time (in the US rural areas/suburbs) and buy a week's worth of groceries at once. If you live in a larger downtown area that's walkable, or basically anywhere in the EU (to my very limited understanding) you can probably just buy what you need every day after work for use that night.
>>
whatever fits your circumstances chief :). Don't be so retarded people can't handhold you through everything. Buying groceries is something basic. Just buy what you need for now and if you are finding you would have wanted more buy more next time. ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE YOUR NEEDS.
>>
>make a list of the dishes you want to make
>make a list of ingredients you need for those dishes
>buy those ingredients

thats it. there will be overlap so you dont need to buy 3 whole onions for 3 dishes that all ask for just a little bit obviously.
>>
>>18015116
I don't recall asking for a shopping list. I asked what I should know before my fridge is filled with rotten food that I couldn't consume fast enough.
>>
>>18015100
You figure out what you want to make and then you buy the stuff for it.
If you are doing simple recipes you can usually buy just the things you need. If the recipe calls for ingredient you can't buy in small enough quantity, lets say cinnamon pie and you buy a bag of cinnamon then you might want to do something that uses the things have left over.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.