[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My best friend knew my ex and was friends with him well before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1459771110015.gif (164KB, 494x332px) Image search: [Google]
1459771110015.gif
164KB, 494x332px
My best friend knew my ex and was friends with him well before I knew either of them. My ex has a habit of cutting people off, it's his way of dealing with problems or discomfort I guess. When he became my ex, both me and my friend were cut off for a while. Now he's talking to my best friend again, and they're probably fucking, or going to.

I have so much fucking resentment for my ex. It's hard to understand why I was cut off, like I wonder if I was too hard to let go at the end of our relationship and it was my fault things had to end like that, or he's just an asshole and that's how he does it. So it's really tough for me to have my friend on good or even intimate terms with him.

What do I do? I don't want to cut my friend out of life because I care for them but also because I suppose my entire discontent is based on an aversion to the idea of cutting someone out of your life just because things aren't ideal. But at the same time, having my ex on my mind as a result is pretty shitty.

Sub question: Is it still shitty to sleep with your friend's ex even if you were close to and knew the ex before your friend came into the picture?
>>
>>18014485

who broke up with who?
>>
>>18014489
He broke up with me
>>
it sounds like you still have some unsettled feelings for him. I don't think you should cut off your friend, because it wont deal with the root of the issue.

Also its worth forgiving your friend for whatever their relationship is, that's out of your control.
>>
>>18014504
Thanks for the response

I don't know, I know I've heard hate and love are more similar than not, apathy being the true opposite. So maybe I haven't gotten over him, because I do hate him. But I don't know how to get over him in that way any better than getting over loving him which took a long time. It seems like it's harder to do that when he maintains that he won't talk to me, etc. I think my friend even is afraid to bring me up because he'd probably cut him off again for it. I mean saying something like that, my ex seems like a pretty fucked up person, as I think he is. It's hard to not stew in that. Like I just want to know what the fuck is going on because it's been so hard to tell, and no I can't, even as he's one degree away, because everything's about posturing and avoiding the negative for him or some shit. ugh
>>
>>18014485
>I have so much fucking resentment for my ex. It's hard to understand why I was cut off, like I wonder if I was too hard to let go at the end of our relationship and it was my fault things had to end like that, or he's just an asshole and that's how he does it. So it's really tough for me to have my friend on good or even intimate terms with him.
This guy sounds like a genius. Think about it? He pits you two against each other, goes for one of you, the other starts to wonder "why wasn't it me", gets resentful of the other girl, gets infatuated with the guy again, he screws around with the first girl, dumps the first girl for the second, cuts off contact with the first (knowing very well that the second is still keeping her up to date), screws around with the second girl, first girl becomes jealous, and you see how the cycle keeps going.

Sounds like both you and your friend fell for it OP
>>
>>18014504
I guess I'm also simply worried for my friend, because my ex seems like a manipulative person. Even my friend and I had agreed about that, but then he comes back all cheerfully as if nothing has happened and wins people back to their side.
>>
>>18014508
I won't disagree. At least I only fell for it once
See
>>18014510
>>
>>18014513
OP, this has to be a huge red flag for you. I was able to predict what was going on even before you said he was manipulative. Stop letting your emotions get in the way of things. Cut the guy off, and tell your friend that is she doesn't do the same that you will no longer be friends with her while she is dating the guy, but will aceept her friendship with open arms when she breaks up with him. You have to man up OP!
>>
>>18014514
I guess the thing is, I have no proof that he's manipulative. If he is, he's good at it. Because he makes it easy to believe he's not, and simply a coward and negligent. I'd feel like I'd have case for an ultimatum like you say if he was clearly manipulative, then I'd be helping my friend. But as it is, it could just be like
>>18014504
says, and unsettled feelings are making things tough for me and making me a baby over nothing. Also, my friend is pretty much my only friend, I'm pathetic. I don't want to mess that up
>>
bumping I guess before bed
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.