[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, Recently I've been having some noticeable memory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hello,
Recently I've been having some noticeable memory problems. My memory has always been poor (I think) but there's been a few incidences that have stood out for me. They include
1. I brought up a conversation I thought I had with a friend a few days before, turns out he wasn't part of the conversation at all, it was a totally different group of friends and I couldn't remember any context apart of one line of it
2. I forgot the word "groceries" and another word came to my mind that didn't make sense (can't remember what that word was)
3. I was asked what I did in the morning by a co-worker at lunch, and couldn't remember for the life of me
4. Struggling to remember the day of the week even though I only work weekdays
5. Finding it hard to remember tasks that need doing unless I write them down
6. More of a long-term thing, but I often have deja vu with the belief that I've dreamed a certain moment before
Also I've been having dizzy spells maybe once or twice a week.
Personals: I'm 22 years old, I don't drink or use drugs much, I sleep 8-10 hours most nights, I haven't had any recent concussions or anything similar.

Who should I go see/what should I do about this?
>>
I am not qualified as anything so don't listen to me but, try doing something different. Maybe your life is very monotonous and not exciting. When I was in uni all the activities I did was literally sleep, go to class and study in between classes everyday. I noticed myself not being able to remember much about previous classes from even the day before.
>>
Do you smoke weed? At all?
>>
You could just be mentally retarded like me.

When I was young, I hit my head really hard on a steel door, like... full sprint into a steel door head-first. Ever since then, my thoughts are always really clouded, and I have the worst memory. I'll sit down sometimes, do something, get up, and then sit back down to do the thing again only to find it already done. It's terrible.

I hardly retain anything, and my thoughts are always this jumbled mess. When I try to recall a word or something, my brain just mashes letters together nonsensically, and in no particular pattern.

I never remember the days of the week, the order of the months, the alphabet.. Shit's terrible.
>>
>>18014370
Seriously check if there is a carbon monoxide leak in your house. That's practically a list of the symptoms of CO1 poisoning
>>
>>18014736
To add to this, the jumbled mess brings about something akin to an ASMR sensation. It's just sort of like a blank lack of consciousness, not unlike a micro-sleep.

I tend to sleep a lot more, though. ~12-14 hours a day. Always tired.
>>
>>18014378
I guess it could be that, I've just come back from a long trip overseas and am now getting back into normal life, so it's a relatively boring life

>>18014716
Not really. In fact I'd say no, as I haven't smoked at all in over a month.

>>18014736
I definitely had a few head hits when I was younger, but for me it's gotten noticeably worse recently. It sounds like you might have concussion reactions as they can come around years later

>>18014741
I'll do that, thanks. Would've never thought of it
>>
File: 1470918818825.png (156KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1470918818825.png
156KB, 500x446px
>>18015243
>I haven't smoked weed in a WHOLE MONTH!
>>
>>18015248

If you really require me to get into specifics, I only smoked the occasional joint with friends before that. I've literally never bought weed personally (scab af)
>>
I have the same problems. I've learned to live with it. Destroyed a few relationships though. "But you said this!" - "I have no recollection, and I think you're making it up"

No doctor could diagnose me with anything. Just a bad memory. Move alone OP.
>>
>>18015451
Not the guy you're replying to but I am >>18014716

I only asked because I smoked nearly 2 grams a day for a year and my entire cognitive function went to complete shit, very reminiscent of your symptoms. I quit, and they calmed down. But from what you have said the amount you smoke shouldn't be causing you any issues. I can't help otherwise, but ignore that other twat.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.