[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21 years old, 5'6 and I look about 14-15 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I'm 21 years old, 5'6 and I look about 14-15 years old. It made my life miserable, I have severe social anxiety disorder that I've been taking medication for for the last 2 years. I live with my parents, I don't have any friends anymore, pratically didn't see them since highschool because I never wanted to hook up with them because of my anxiety. Simple tasks in life like talking to strangers or buying something in a shop is impossible for me. I never had any jobs, I'm a virgin. Weed only made me feel worse and sick when I did it in highschool. Any advice for me? Will my life change? I fear going to the job center with my dad I don't feel ready, I fear that people won't hire me because I look like a child... What do I do? I can't take my life...
>>
Get serious about therapy. Meds alone for anxiety have a shit outcome. I'm not anti-meds at all, but meds alone won't work for anxiety.

Your life can change. I don't have severe anxiety, but I am bipolar. It fucking ruined my life. I'm older than you, and I'm still working just my 2nd job and I'm still very slowly trying to get my degree. But you gotta get serious about the right kind of help. It's life-changing.
>>
>>18014325

Stop putting all your problems together into a huge mess. Break it down into smaller things. Turn off your phone/laptop for a couple of hours and work it out, pen and paper style. Consider talking to your parents about this issue.

I can only help you ye much, but for example;

>I live with my parents,

Accept that for now, it's not a bad thing- if anything it's good because it's support for you. One of your longer term goals is to move out.

>I don't have any friends anymore, pratically didn't see them since highschool because I never wanted to hook up with them because of my anxiety.

Your anxiety got the best of you, but now you're on the road to recovery. Your goal is now to work towards finding / re-establishing friendships, perhaps a short term goal would be to reach out and make contact with one of these people.

>Simple tasks in life like talking to strangers or buying something in a shop is impossible for me.

They feel impossible to you, but they are not impossible. A short term goal for this would be to go and buy a snack from your nearest shop every day for a week.

>I never had any jobs,

You will get a job, it's a goal of yours, once you deal with the bigger problems.

>I'm a virgin.

You will have sex, it's a goal of yours, once you deal with the bigger problems.

>Weed only made me feel worse and sick when I did it in highschool.

You can try weed again and it might work out for you.

The human mind is really amazing and there's a lot of potential to change, it is vital that you believe in yourself, and I know that inside of you there is part of you that knows you can change and knows that you will. Here are some tried and tested things that will help;

>Regular exercise
>Voluntary work
>Meditating
>Eating well
>Sleeping well

Consider a daily routine as well, it can help you focus and feel better. One day at a time, you will get out of this~ I know you are more than capable!
>>
>>18014356

Sorry I want to add;

>Simple tasks in life like talking to strangers or buying something in a shop is impossible for me.

Firstly, it FEELS impossible, doesn't mean that it IS impossible. You just FEEL that it IS. Even if you FEEL it's impossible, it is still possible.

Secondly, really break this down into incredibly simple goals. Instead of saying;

>I'm suffering from anxiety, I'm a virgin, I'm never going to have a girlfriend! I can't even go to a shop!

Break your problems down into ridiculously simple goals. Here's an example with going to the shop;

>Walk past the shop every day for a week
>Go in the shop and buy a snack every day of the week
>Go to a different shop every day of the week (browse/buy)
>Go to two different shops every day of the week (browse/buy)
>Go to a different shop every day of the week and talk to a sales assistant about a product (closed question)
>Go to a different shop every day of the week and talk to the sales assistant about a product (open question)

If you were to do this, you're basically perfecting the art of going into shops. Start gently but just keep upping the challenge. It might seem ridiculous; "Walk PAST a shop!? How would that help!?" but that's part of the charm. Really simplify and water things down.

Don't be hard on yourself if you miss a day, or something doesn't go to plan.
>>
It has to come from the inside. It sounds like you have accepted being a total failure in life. For that to change, you must first want to change. Right now you only want to whine and make excuses.
>>
Thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it. Another thing I wanted to ask, how do I get over the fact that once I'll god forbid start working at some point and I have to wake early and get home kind of late and I will not have any time to do much things anymore? High school was a hell because of this, the only thing that makes it somewhat better is that you get paid for it, but all of it just makes me really depressed...
>>
>>18014371

Again don't think of it so negatively. You're thinking "Oh man I lose 40 hours a week to JUST enabling myself to survive"

This, along with the whole 'wagecuck' thing, is a massive load of shit. Jobs are fucking great, they give you shit to do, they get you out and about meeting people, there are literally millions of good things about jobs. The only trouble is that people accept it as the limit of human effort- like we all can only do 40 hours a week, the rest we're a complete vegetable. I work on my days off, on my own projects or other shit. Get up early every day, exercise, get out and about and enjoying shit.

It doesn't make sense until you experience it, but more work is normally a good thing.
>>
>>18014388

I used to moan about my job all the time. "50 hours a week is fucking shit, all my work does is give me shit loads of work and no help. No one actually cares about me and about what I want, or how to help me even do a good job"

Then I was on the bus home, slowly moving through central London. I was thinking about how long I had spent wanting to move abroad. "It's never going to happen, I can't earn enough when I'm stuck in this crap job" I thought to myself. Then it hit me; why don't I just work more? I started applying left right and centre for all manner of other works- part time bar jobs or freelance writing jobs, before I knew it, I was on a plane to another country. I gained a lot from all that extra work and I enjoyed it.

I'm rambling a lot but; don't shut things down for yourself. Just because you, say, work 40 hours a week, doesn't force you to be sadder.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (44KB, 481x524px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
44KB, 481x524px
fixed
>>
>>18014777
How did you remove the colors?
Are you sorcery?
>>
Stop blaming everything on looks and well get to work. I am about your height, maybe a bit taller, and I definitely look like a 15 years old. I'm not exactly successful but wouldn't blame it on looks. Got a job, got a degree, got girls crushing on me from time to time, at least
>>
i have a similar problem but not as bad. I'm 17, but i look like im 13 or 14. 5'2". i dont think anybody realizes how difficult it is to socialize or do anything really when you look younger, or if you're short.

total first world problem, but ive noticed most of my other short amigos have anxiety disorders at a much higher rate than my taller amigos. This is no coincidence, short people are just genuinely treated worse than taller people. I hate being treated like im younger, as a lot of adults treat me like im younger than my piers. As a matter of fact, my mom still treats me like im in middle school or im a little kid.

idk. being short is a lot worse than people think it is. without a dought life is easier and more fair for taller people. to be actually treated like the age you are.
>>
File: 1470078506420.jpg (102KB, 430x627px) Image search: [Google]
1470078506420.jpg
102KB, 430x627px
>>18014325
Anon, you have to realize one important fact: Life doesn't care if you're ready or not.

If you're 21 and jobless, you've waited too long. Go find a job. Going out, earning money, and slowly becoming more independent will improve your outlook on life. Staying cooped up inside and playing video games (or whatever you do) will only make you feel worse. Once the feeling of instant gratification is done, you're just in a dark cube with a bright screen that displays images that do not matter.

Here are things you do that are wrong:
>Being 21 and worrying about your looks
Unless you're Quasimodo, No one really cares what you look like as long as you shower. My first job was as an insurance broker. I had no idea they'd accept an 18 year old straight out of high school. They didn't care. As long as I sold. No, I didn't look "like an adult," if you're wondering that. I looked like a kid in a suit.
>worrying about Virginity
I understand why you worry about this, but this doesn't matter right now.Right now getting laid is the least of your worries. Focus on growing up.
>being afraid you're "not ready" for work
Humans do nothing but work. Get used to it. You can't be a teenager forever.

>I fear going to the job center with my dad I don't feel ready
Like I said, no one cares that you're not ready. Sometimes you have to hit fast forward to get to the part you actually wanna see.
>I fear that people won't hire me because I look like a child... What do I do?
Go apply for a job anyway. You NEED a job. Employers care about your qualification more than anything. If getting laid worries you THAT much, know that girls don't like jobless NEETs.
>I can't take my life...
Yes you can. If you've told us everything, your life is not that bad. You can survive. A lot of us went through some shit in life, you seem to be getting off easily.
>Any advice?
Go to your local community college and enroll into a speech course and maybe join a club. No, you don't have to stay for four years.
>>
>>18014325

grow up :^).

im in the same boat, 24, 5'6", and every fucking day someone tells me how young i look.

but lo and behold i manage a business and run my shit.

you can't control your external factors much, but you can control how you react to them
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.