[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age should one abandon all their dreams as unattainable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1261570284285.jpg (124KB, 248x918px) Image search: [Google]
1261570284285.jpg
124KB, 248x918px
At what age should one abandon all their dreams as unattainable and settle down and try to get a real job?
>>
False dichotomy. Most artists and writers have day jobs. Even most artists and writers who nowadays support themselves entirely by their creative works neverthrless started with day jobs. Just because starting at the top was an unreasonable implementation plan doesn't mean that your dream is unattainable; it just means you need to rethink how you're going to get there. And yes, that probably involves a day job.
>>
>>18014398
FPBP

get a job OP.
>>
File: 1451460104732.jpg (71KB, 720x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1451460104732.jpg
71KB, 720x1138px
What is your dream?
>>
>>18014311

depends on the dream.
>>
I've actually got a job, and I'm in line for a promotion. But I can't help but feel like I don't want to do this. I've always wanted to be an actor/performer, which I know is stupid, but I'm in my early 30s now, and that feeling hasn't gone away.

I've tried doing comedy, and apparently I'm not too bad at it, but I don't know if I'm good enough to actually consider taking what may be a "lesser" day job to focus my attention on doing it. Or uprooting and moving to LA/Chicago/New York to pursue it.
>>
File: VSHFElh.jpg (38KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
VSHFElh.jpg
38KB, 660x495px
>>18015400
It looks like you've got almost everything figured out, OP.

You might want to start reevaluating your goals. Why do you want that promotion? For money? Better praise/recognition by polite society? Making your parents proud?

Whatever for reasons are, you have to ask yourself if they make you more happy than following your hobby/passion. What makes you FEEL successful and fulfilled? If your job is doing that, then the grass might not be greener on the other side.

GL, OP!
>>
Really, I'm only taking the promotion partially for the money, but mostly because I'm in my thirties and I feel like I need to settle down and get a "grown up job."

The worst part is, I actually already lived in LA. I went to film school for writing, and I only decided on writing because I figured I'd never make it as an actor and didn't bother trying. But I wasn't any good at writing and moved to a different state in a misguided attempt to run away from my dreams, as horribly cheesy as that sounds.
>>
Before this thread dies, is the advice not to give up? Because that syncs counterintuitive.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.