[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr What music will you play for your kids? Because our car's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download_20170131_231834.jpg (406KB, 1111x919px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170131_231834.jpg
406KB, 1111x919px
tl;dr What music will you play for your kids?

Because our car's radio was broken, instead of mainstream music, we listened to the classics and other good shit on the CD player. Queen, Cat Stevens, Bob Marley, ABBA, Dolly Parton, Lionel Richie and all sorts of great songs from the past. My little sister was raised on radio music because our CD player broke in our new car and she listens to utter shit unless it's a song I showed her. Thanks mom for playing quality music, I can't imagine how horrible I'd feel if my taste in music was "whatever's trending".
>>
>>18013954
>I can't imagine how horrible I'd feel if my taste in music was "whatever's trending".
But you wouldn't because that's what you'd like? You'd think music from the past was shit and what you think now is terrible is good.
>>
File: download_20170201_014737.png (50KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170201_014737.png
50KB, 595x842px
>>18013960
Yeah, you're right. I wouldn't be a music elitist faggot either.
>>
>>18013954
Damn, when me and my little brother were still wee lads my dad used to play Forty Licks disc 2 from the Rolling Stones all the time in the car, and we loved it.
>>
>>18013954
My kids get quite the range of music, mostly older rock, there is some country thrown in, 90s, grunge, early 2000s, old Disney songs. The only thing they don't listen to is popular music.
>>
that's still 100% mainstream shit, it's just older. you're not exercising any taste at all
>>
>>18013954
Mozart
>>
>>18014585
True, but it's mostly better than the modern mainstream music.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V35jvY0u7I
>>
>>18013954
Death Grips
>>
>>18014744
Plebs
Hildegard Von Bigham
Palestrina
Bach, probably.

Mozart is for when they are older and more capable of controlling their sexual urges lol
>>
Probably the stuff I listen to now. Yung Lean, Otis Redding, and the Mountain Goats, and most things that come on those pandora stations.
>>
>>18013954
While they're young, whatever the fuck I wanted to listen to because my car my rules. As they age they can develop their own unique tastes that may or may not be different from mine, and I'd respect their personal growth regardless.
Typically though, since children are so influential, they will likely develop tastes very similar to mine since that's what they grew up on. My dad constantly played a lot of rock/alternative/punk music from the 80's/90's when I was growing up. Today some of my favorite groups are The Killers, The Offspring, Green Day, Weezer etc. However my sister took after my mom in her taste for artists like Prince, Michael Jackson, Elton John, etc.
Their tastes certainly rubbed off on us, but we're still individuals, we're not clones of our parents. I like to listen to a bunch of comedy musicians like Bo Burnham, Turquoise Jeep, Neil Cicierega's dumb mash up albums, and my dad can't stand them lol.
I even can get into some of the new pop hits on the radio. A catchy tune's a catchy tune, even if I'll openly admit the lyrics are really lacking in content. Sometimes it doesn't have to be that deep though. Music is an art but it's designed for entertainment. It can be more parts entertainment than art. It can also be the opposite, or an even blend.

But as for the car in general, I'm a firm believer in the Supernatural way of "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole."
When my kid starts driving, they can play whatever they want. Until then, they're merely offering suggestions that I will either take or veto. My kids can listen to whatever the fuck they want in private though.
>>
>>18013954
Honestly, you can't go wrong with Elton John, The Beatles (+ their solo careers), and other soft-rock/dad-rock bands.

I honestly attribute the way I am today to the music I listened to as a child.

(TL;DR at the bottom)
>Brother and I raised similairly
>He decided to start listening to gangsta rap while I dug into my dad's music collection and got accustomed to the classics
>by age 20, I was with my future wife while my brother was struggling with his terrible character and on/off relationships with dumb chicks
>he sees women as sexual objects
>I see my woman as my other half, my other half that I can't function without
>he can't keep up friendships because he's always angry and talking in a forced "ghetto voice" despite the fact that we're not black nor were we raised in a "ghetto"
>People love my music, I play it and people sing along, tap to the beat, etc. Makes my social events more *cozy* when people are surrounded by comfy music
>brother listens to rap, the only people who like him are hood trash
>he spends his days spending money on drinks, chicks who don't dig him, and shit he doesn't need
>he gets angry at things on the fly, never willing to admit he's wrong
>I'm more calm, collective, and I know when to admit I'm in the wrong

Music is more influential than people think. I've known plenty of people who "don't like music/Don't listen to music" and they're all boring, soulless husks. Music can change how people percieve the world when they grow up.

TL;DR Since I was essentially raised on love songs and power ballads, I came out completely different than my brother who raised himself with gangsta rap
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.