[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop having a nihilistic and overly rational mindset?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1470787854741.jpg (206KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1470787854741.jpg
206KB, 1280x738px
How do I stop having a nihilistic and overly rational mindset?

For example: "Why would I want to do X activity/thing? It is either pointless or there isn't a logical reason to do it, nor does it make sense that it will contribute to fulfilling a goal."

Therefore I believe that I can't simply think things through, I would have to change the way that I think.
>>
Can you be more specific? What kind of activities?
>>
>>18013796
Socializing with others

Taking up hobbies in general
>>
Well first you stop being an edgy fifteen year old.

Life has no inherent purpose which means you are free to do with it as you please. Socializing and having hobbies is fun. You do them for the sake of your own enjoyment, or for the enjoyment of others. That is as logical a justification as you will ever need.
>>
>>18013799
>Socializing with others
enhances your integration with society and increases your network of peers
if you need me to explain why that is objectively beneficial to you then you may be severely autistic, in which case don't worry about it
most activities have logical rationales, you apparently are just not thinking about this
>>
>>18013771
Nigga, I don't know how old you are, but I wish that I still think like that 8-10 years ago. You need to balance striving/preparing for the future and enjoying the moment. When in was a total loner I just worked to improve myself in a similarly autistic fashion, and I eventually succeeded my peers. Then I got friends, girlfriend, had to learn how to be social, relax, create unhealthy habits, etc. and while I was enjoying the moment, I wasn't working hard enough to be better off in the future. So now I'm in the opposite position. You won't be a charming motherfucker if you have the social tendencies of Spock, but if you have ambitious goals and the proper mindset to achieve them, you will meet like-minded people or others that will respect and find you interesting just out of your accomplishments.
>>
You're not overly rational, you're just dumb. Worst part is that you don't realize it.
>>
>>18013771
Get that autism checked out.
>>
You could either say that ou are over- or underanalyzing things.

You are overanalyzing it because sometimes something being fun is more than reason enough to do it.
You are underanalyzing things because you 1. Hasn't realized that nihilism allows you to do whatever the fuck you want. 2. You haven't figured out yet why people have social lives and hobbies.

Go read "thus spoke zarathustra" and "how to make friends and influence people.
>>
>>18013771

realize that if you're nihilistic than the only thing that really matters is what you want and personally feel.

for most normal people this means pursuing happiness and fun, and of course the surrounding not so fun things you have to do to facilitate that.
>>
>>18013771
Stop being a buzzkill and have fun.

Spock is only cool in Star Trek. No one likes a cold, dismissive, fun-less person.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.