[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving from Washington to California this year. What do I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1481945949005-0.jpg (127KB, 1241x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1481945949005-0.jpg
127KB, 1241x1232px
Moving from Washington to California this year. What do I need to know before moving to a different state?
>>
>>18013728
go back and stay in Washington....trust me...unless you're deciding on moving inland or in the desert or mountains, I hope you have a stockpile of money to pay for the ridiculous rent here in OC. Just my 0.02
>>
File: whyarentIpregnantyet.png (662KB, 857x592px) Image search: [Google]
whyarentIpregnantyet.png
662KB, 857x592px
>>18013728
Stay the FUCK away from the Latinas

They look hot as hell,yes, and that's the reason why some of them even have kids. BUT they're all fucking crazy.

And stay -EXTRA- FUCKING FAR from the women who want to be or say they are MUAs(Make Up Artists) or Cosmetologists.
>>
>>18013728
Stay back in Washington and never come here. You'll forever be tainted with residual Californian radiation, toxifying every place you go even unintentionally.

California is the chernobyl of the country. It might have the highest minimum wage, a shit ton of places to explore, lots of people, and weed...but it's not worth it when the rent's high, fucking eggs are 4 bucks A DOZEN, people are extremely liberal or just extreme altogether, and this place will wear on you after even a month living here...unless you live in the sanctuaries known as resorts, motels, and shit far away from the regular culture.
>>
>>18013728
maybe because ive liveed here my whole life but california is cool for about 10 minutes and then ints 105 degrees and you realise the ocean is too dirty to enter, everyone hates each other, and you just want to stay at home where its cool. then again i would move just about anywhere to get out of here so maybe ive had a bad experience. i live in southern california. its also the most expensive pllace in the country. its cheaper to live in new york than it is to live in most places here. and there isnt anything to do here
>>
>>18014248
>its cheaper to live in new york than it is to live in most places here
really?
>>
>>18013928
>>18014213
>>18014248
I wasn't planning on moving to LA or anything like that. I wanted to move pretty far north. This house I was looking at is in a town called Edgewood, which has a population of like 46. That's kind of what I had in mind.

I just need to move somewhere where it's not shitty outside 300 days out of the year, as my level of happiness mostly depends on the weather outside.

Also, I'd still be a short drive from the beach, the redwoods, or if I wanted to do normie vacation shit, I could make a weekend trip to Hollywood if I wanted to.
>>
>>18014425
Damn, that looks awesome. How much will it cost you? How far will you be from work? Commuting can be pretty exhausting.
>>
>>18014704
I'll be a truckerfag so working is my commute. The house was $190k but I won't be in a position to buy for like 6 months at least, so hopefully it's still on the market.
>>
>>18014704
>>18014843
I guess I could like to the house itself, since I doubt any of you are going to go out and snatch it up.
http://siskiyou.craigslist.org/reb/5935439891.html

Also I'll reiterate on my original post: what do I need to know as far as say, getting a new ID, license plates, logistical stuff like that? I've never moved to a new state as an adult before...
>>
>>18014871
One thing you need is a license plate on both the front and back of the car. California is retarded like that.

Everything you need can probably be found at the DMV regarding licenses, cars, and ids.

I haven't moved between states before but other than learning all the new taxes and laws, I don't think you have to officially make a scene about it.

YOU MIGHT have to retake the driver's test for a license because California's licenses are generally stricter than the rest of the country so they don't always accept another state's standards.

Anyways, I'm sure you'd get more info from google regarding logistical stuff.

Just know that if you get anywhere near the big cities, you're in for the worst population in the union. There are more garbage people here than good ones. You might be just fine in the boonies though.
>>
>>18013728
Look up what the laws are for license/registration transfers. Look at taxation laws for partial-year living. I moved from Ohio to Florida and got into in accident after a month of living there; I had to go to court over having an Ohio license and registration. It was thrown out because I got it transferred before the court date, but fuck was that shit stressful; I could've been thrown in jail.

Save EVERY receipt of expense from the move, or just keep a record: airfare, gas money, rental truck, the cost of 1st months rent + registration fees, food on the trip, etc; these can be applied to your taxes at the end of the year. It saved me a lot of money.
>>
>>18013728
>Moving from Washington to California this year. What do I need to know before moving to a different state?

Traffic is NOT exaggerated. Especially in SoCal (los angeles) and in the bay area (San Francisco)

"Rush hour" here is:
05:15 AM to 09:30 AM
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Rush hour also occurs Monday through Saturday.

A 10 mile trip can easily become a 30 minute trip in less congested areas. During the peakest of peaks, I once spent 1 hour moving 2 miles on local streets.
I also once spent 1.5 hours parked 1.5 miles away from my destination because a lane broken down on the 101 (free way)

Adjust your travel times accordingly, assume there will be traffic.

The further north you are, the more rural it is and the less temperate the weather is (I.E. where I live in Orange County it's pretty much a constant 60-80 degrees year round. Towards San Francisco that's more like 40-70)
>>
>>18014927
Damn. THIS is the kind of information I'm looking for. Thank you.
>>
>>18014981
Yeah, the weather to me sounds perfect. Not hot and arid every day but still nice out. And I'm sure you guys have short winters. Here in Washington we basically get about 8 months of winter. At peak winter it'll get dark out before 5, and during the spring its usually 65 out and raining, but it only lasts like the last 3 weeks of May.
>>
>>18013728
One of the most liberal states in the USA. Watch out for trannies and anti Trump fags.
>>
>>18014927
You can also include your car title transfer, etc; I easily mocked over the basic income deduction the Fed gives you for a hefty refund check.

Yeah, IDK what Cali's policy is, but Florida only gives you a 1-month window to change all of your shit over, and it was really expensive; it was about $400 to transfer my car's plates and it was about $50 for a new license.

Moving is expensive as fuck.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.