[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ How viable is it to be a stoner who has a busy life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 5833c_become-a-successful.jpg (167KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
5833c_become-a-successful.jpg
167KB, 800x400px
Hi /adv/

How viable is it to be a stoner who has a busy life?

I'm currently a sophomore chemical engineer. I did pretty fucking terrible my first year because I spent it getting baked and playing vidya instead of putting any time into classes. Woke the fuck up this quarter and said I'd quit vidya and weed. About halfway through the quarter right now and I'm 100% with my shit and getting ready for midterms.

But the thing is, I started smoking again about a week in (in 4th rn). I've decided studying+being baked doesn't go, but I still manage to find time to just get high everyday. I'm kinda worried that I broke my commitment to quit, but I managed to balance classes and stonerness together.

Don't know if I should stop smoking again and admit that my failure to quit = addiction or try to be ballsy and go through all these fucking classes baked as shit. Anyone else with heavy workload a stoner? How do you do it?
>>
it's not viable. you're just holding yourself back dulling your brain. everyone who doesn't use weed is better than you in this sense, they're smarter and faster.

if you can pull it off you have to pace yourself, vaporize once a month. I'm an advocate of the medicinal benefits but indica is the way to go for that. Anything else just rots your brain. Oh and vaporization is the only way to do it properly. combustion is pure nonsense.
>>
If you have to ask, you won't be one.
Functional drug dependency is literally the difference from a junkie mugging you to buy crack and carefully controlling dosages of adderall to do more stock trading. It is a razor thin edge and if you can't keep a grip on yourself you will let it fuck up your entire life.

Treat it like a drinking habit. That has a bad stigma but people still loved getting fucked up. There's no shame in the latter, but if you're getting shitfaced at noon on the regular then everybody is gunna give you a dirty look.
Don't get high all the time, just like you wouldn't drink all the time. You're doing it for fun but it's also fun you can't interrupt. You should have nothing left to do that day before you consider it, and even then you should keep it to the evenings.

t. Functional junkie
>>
>>18013306
>Don't know if I should stop smoking again and admit that my failure to quit = addiction

you're an addict whether you want to admit it or not
>>
>>18013326
That's what I implied, you fucking asinine cunt.
Does addiction=inability to function is the big question here, genius.

>>18013315
I rarely smoke it. But I think everyday is too much, still. I might compromise and keep it to weekend nights only.

>>18013316
That's what I've been comparing it to. I won't go stoned to class, but I'll "have a beer" when I have afforded the time to do it.
>>
Keep it fun. As soon as it becomes the norm, where you say "eh why not i have nothing else to do," then youve done yourself a disservice.

I do coke every once in a while and I successfully work in my local government. In fact, I just got a promotion. Just keep it fun.
>>
>>18013306
i have been using cannabis daily for roughly 15 years. i own and operate a successful business. i do not come from wealth, nor did i have any kind of leg up wen i started. most people have no idea that i smoke (actually vaporize 99% of the time) regularly.
do with that what you will.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.