[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I moved to a small city to fill a maternity leave position. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Feels bad Canada.png (18KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
Feels bad Canada.png
18KB, 365x363px
I moved to a small city to fill a maternity leave position. It ends sometime in May. After that i'm supposed to be reassigned somewhere near by. My boss wants me to sign a contract stating i'll work for the company until October. However, my girlfriend lives in a different city and we can't do LDR anymore. How do I tell my boss that i'm okay singing the contract but I need to go back to the city my girlfriend lives in after the maternity leave position ends? When I was hired we talked about being reassigned somewhere near by since the city my girlfriend lives in has an over supply of workers and everyone wants to be there but nothing was too formal. They've invested a lot in me and I don't want to disappoint then but I can't let my girlfriend down.
>>
>>18012664

by telling him. hes your boss not your master.
>>
>>18012669
I don't want him to relieve me of my duties here yet. I'll have no job and it's pretty tough to find one in my field.
>>
>>18012680

well thats beyond your control unless you're willing to forego GF.

your temp position ends in may. so you have the job til then regardless. hes not going to replace you before then.

if you want to stay on til october you have to just go talk to him. he might help you. he might not. you cant control him, so the only thing you can do is either ASK, or SACRIFICE.
>>
>>18012691
The thing is my girlfriend and I already broke up. We didn't want to but we can't do the LDR. We want to be together but theres still risk things won't work out even if I move back. She's such a special person though I want it to work out but i'm pretty cautious by nature.
>>
I think i'm focusing too much on the worst case scenario of no job and no gf and not enough on the best case scenario of job + gf or even waiting a month for a job + gf.
>>
have you already brought it up with your boss? could it hurt for you to ask? you don't mind staying until may, right? it couldn't hurt to bring up the idea so you have a chance at going where you want to go from may to October. if you think there's a chance you could lose your job then I wouldn't, seeing as you've already technically lost your relationship. how sure are you you would get back together?
>>
>>18012761
I haven't brought it up yet. They took a chance on hiring me with no experience. I don't mind staying until may. I'm about 80% sure we could get back together. We both want it. We just had to learn some harsh lessons. I hope theres no harm in asking, i'm going to have to eventually. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18012775
that's just a company's way of making you think you owe them. Don't let them push you around. If you're going to bring it up, sooner rather than later will increase your chances. If they're making plans for you you have to do it before they're solidified. Sooner the better. They won't fire you for asking something like that.
>>
>>18012754
could you not get another job even worst case scenario?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.