[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, for the longest time i didn't know what i wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: comfy.jpg (32KB, 384x449px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
32KB, 384x449px
Hey /adv/, for the longest time i didn't know what i wanted to do with my life and over the past year or so i've really started to enjoy acting. i know its a meme career and ill probably end up starving or homeless but genuinely its the only thing i enjoy in life, and i will just kill myself eventually so i have nothing much to lose. Either way i live in bongland but i understand LA is the hub as well as new york is having some media renaissance or shit like that So my questions are what do you guys think i should do, if i ever have enough money too how should i move to America (i get that it may be incredibly difficult to move) i don't really get the whole visa/ green card thing or at least what makes me eligible, should i begin doing auditions and shit in england and move to london (im pretty near london) or try to move to America as quick as possible

thanks
>>
>>18012400
Acting is a craft at least as much as a matter of innate talent, and you will get nowhere without some formal training. London is home to the greatest acting schools in the world (RADA, Central, Guildhall, LAMDA, etc) and there are others in Bristol, Edinburgh, etc.

Respect your chosen profession enough to learn your craft. Not incidentally, these schools are constantly scouted by agents and directors, and many grads go right into work.
>>
>>18012420
thanks very much for your response anon, im going to start taking a few classes and reading stella adler, other acting books like that as soon as possible. and i guess work as hard as possible for as long as i can maybe eventually as you said go to one of these acting schools as soon as i can.I was a little discouraged by the fact that i was born in the UK and not us but i guess theres still some really interesting stuff to learn and work on here too.
>>
>>18012400

just because you want to act doesn't mean you have to be famous. they tell actors that you cant rely on hollywood to write the roles you wanna play which is why actors are all producing their own indie films these days.

so unless your goal is just to be famous, you dont need to be a famous hollywood actor. you can have a day job and do acting for fun.
>>
File: soalone.jpg (128KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
soalone.jpg
128KB, 480x330px
Also just wondering, is it plausible to work here in the UK and try t attain an 01-b visa whilst saving up money so i can work in the us and eventually upgrade to citizenship? or are the chances of that impossible?

>>18012445
thanks for taking the time to reply anon, i dont care about being famous too much though obviously thats the "dream". ideally i would rather be able to eventually support myself through acting (i get that would take a while or may not ever be possible) and that basically requires being at a fairly famous level. though indie films are a really interesting idea,
>>
>>18012459

i live in la. i moved her to pursue writing. its not going well. so i just work my regular office job and produce indie content on the weekends. its pretty fulfilling and im not struggling for cash.

its nice.
>>
>>18012465
Where did you move from? again im britbong so id need some form of visa. How hard is it for you to get any creative work
>>
>>18012472

i moved here from delaware, america, so it wasnt a big deal.

here is where you are fucked. you can get an education visa, but you arent allowed to even do indie films for free, if it looks liek you might have been paid, they will try to deport you.

after that you can get a working visa, but you can ONLY work in your job field, which is acting. so you'd have to support yourself entirely through acting right out of school. I have a friend from zimbabwe who came here to pursue acting, and hes in negotiations to gay marry a mutual friend of ours because its the only way he'll be able to get a regular job to support himself while also pursuing acting.
>>
>>18012480
>gay marry a mutual friend of ours because its the only way he'll be able to get a regular job
kek, if he divorces im eventually does he get to keep his citizenship

im not too wealthy so ill guess ill try and sort out money over here for a couple of years and then somehow get a visa through "exceptional talent in my field" as is required by working in london, i live near there and can live frugally so i might survive.

Hope the writing goes well for you anon, id love to read your stuff. thanks for helping me out.
>>
>>18012583

yes, theres a certain number of months/years you have to be married. after that you are considered a citizen even after divorce cuz your whole life is here.

they were talking about being roommates so its not a bad idea, but his girlfriend isnt super keen on the idea.
>>
>>18012595
what level of cucking even is this lmao, i guess ill gay marry someone for a bit then have a stunning revelation i'm straight. Either way thanks very much anon. i think i actually for the first time in my life actually have a plan.
>>
>>18012608

well i mean all you need is a friend. its not like on family guy where they force you to have sex in front of them to prove it. its la, and you're both actors, of course they're gonna believe your gay. most people dont even get questioned, they have too many mexicans to worry about britbongs clogging up the system.

you just got to live together.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.