[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i /adv/. Currently I am about to break up with my gf. >I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: El reposo del guerrero.jpg (228KB, 1260x900px) Image search: [Google]
El reposo del guerrero.jpg
228KB, 1260x900px
i /adv/.

Currently I am about to break up with my gf.

>I am 30, she is 25.
>We live together for a year now, at my place.
>The bond between her and me is gone now, I dont think I love her anymore, she still loves me very much.

I've alredy tried to end that relationship twice during last 6 months, but I always got persuaded not to because all of her crying and looking misreble (she is not a faking it, this is not a manipulative act, I am, apperently, a whole world for her)

The thing is, I want to end it for good this time, but I do not want to experience that whole drama and stress all over again, and I fear I might be overwhelmed by pity for her again and choose not to leave her, as I've done 2 times in a row.

I still kind of feel responsible for her still, so I don't want to hurt her too much as well

I have a plan to go for a business trip next month, (since I work on business trips recently) and while I'll be leaving I'll leave her a note in which I'll tell her we are done, and where I'll ask her to find some new place while I'll be gone (2-3 weeks) I'll be back to just take the keys, and to see if the apartment is left intact before we will say final goodbye.

The thing is: I've always despised the people who break up without real life conversation and until now, all the relationships I've ended in that way. I kinda thought it is a honest a fair thing to do.

I've wanted to ask how do you precieve breaking up with a note etc,

Maybe I am making too big deal of it?

Any other general advices concearning my situation would be welcome here as well.

TL:DR
> breaking up with a gf
> don't want to hurt her too much
> is is acceptable and fair to do it without eye to eye meeting, since she already conviced me two times to stay with her.
>>
>>18011549
You need to break up with her for her own sake, I've been that girl and breaking up and having to be on my own was what gave me a reality check. She needs to learn how to deal with things by herself and not rely solely on you, I get you don't want to hurt her but stringing her along to protect her feelings will just enable her.

Break up in real life, it's just the respectable thing to do. Whatever you do don't waver, even if she cries. Staying in a relationship you don't want to be in anymore won't do any good for either of you.
>>
Thanks femanon, I'll just pack my things up for the trip and have this conversation right before I'll leave. I think that would be fine? Still its gonna be tough, and I've been in break up situations few times before, but in this particular case I just feel like shit, since she is really giving me all she's got, but we just don't fit together and I have to end this.
>>
>>18011612
All the best luck to you anon, do the right thing
>>
I wish you the best of luck, in this case I think a conversation is well deserved, but I'd suggest not to go too far with explanations

I've been in a similar situation, wanting to break and the other person wanting us to stay together, and it was very hard

You want to break up for the reasons you explained, if she asks more questions, repeat them
You don't have to justify why you feel a certain way, you don't have to convince her of anything
>>
>>18011625
> not to go too far with explanations
Yea i know that, I'll probably keep this as short and formal as possible, getting into dissucsion at that point is just asking for drama meltdown.
Thanks for the advice anyway.
>>
I just went though something similar, and my advice would be to definitely talk to her. Like, I know you still lover her, even if you're not "in love". Nobody deserves just a note. Either way you do it, it's gonna suck. There will be tears, and you will have to remember that you caused them, but, you have to he's respectful. Talk to her, and be honest. You just have to tell her "I'm sorry. I'm not in love anymore". Don't think of any bullshit way to put it like "I need some time to find myself", just tell her. It's better for her. But dont let it lead into a huge discussion, or you're gonna cave, and end up saying something stupid. Just tell her the truth, only the truth, and then leave. I know that she adores you, but if you're not the person who that love is meant for, tell her and let her find the person that it is. Good luck, dude. Remember, you're breaking her heart, but you can't help just not having those feelings. It's for the best.
>>
Just fucking dump her
>>
>>18011625
>I'd suggest not to go too far with explanations
Doubling down on that one. If you explain why the relationship is dead, they think they can argue with you to change your mind.

"It's over" is absolute, there is no arguing otherwise.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.