[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oh god please help me I'm a horrible person. My boyfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Trippin.jpg (236KB, 2001x1501px) Image search: [Google]
Trippin.jpg
236KB, 2001x1501px
oh god please help me
I'm a horrible person. My boyfriend keeps getting raises at his work and he's amazing and everything, and he even got a specific mention in a yelp review, but most of what I feel is jealousy. While he's being awesome, I quit my job because my coworkers kept telling me I'm not a people person and am bad at a my job as a result, and I am now incapable of paying for our dates.
He tells me that he feels both jealous and proud of my academic accomplishments, but shit, this feels terrible. I'm very competitive and it's sort of difficult when someone is so clearly better than me at something.
How do I a. stop feeling jealous and b. be a better employee myself, once I get a job again?
>>
>>18011526

>a. stop being jealous

you can't really. theres no magic way to supress it. all you can do is apply logic everytime you feel that way, and try to frame what jealousy remains positively. its okay to be jealous. you dont have to be upset just because you're jealous. I'm jealous of a lot of things but that doesn't make me upset about them.

>b. be a better employee myself

using the magical passcode of course.

seriously, how the ufck would we know? analyze what you did wrong, and apply a fix.
>>
>>18011526
Get over yourself and stop seeing yourself as better than everyone else. That's probably the root of your poor inter personal relations as well. Realise that you're good at some things and poor at others, and be glad for your boyfriend.
>>
>>18011534
>>18011535
This isn't advice

I went through a similar period with my gf. For a while I had a job and she didn't, and I paid for everything. Then I went to school without working and she took on a full time job, and she was paying for everything. The jealousy fades as the relationship matures; once you see yourselves as a whole rather than two parts, things get better.

Focus on the future of your relationship. Plan 5 years ahead, for yourself if not for the both of you. Once you have that perspective, meals seem pretty insignificant.
>>
>>18011526
You don't deserve your boyfriend. You're a genuinely shitty person. He's lying to you to make you feel better about being a 3/10.

He will be breaking up with you and finding someone worth his time.
>>
>>18011526
you obviously dont consider yourself part of a team. this is your problem. his success is yours, and vice versa. try to shift your perspective.
>>
>>18011556
Cool thanks for the good advice
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.