[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've got a problem with discipline that I'm wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1485917369028.jpg (82KB, 750x492px) Image search: [Google]
1485917369028.jpg
82KB, 750x492px
So I've got a problem with discipline that I'm wondering if anyone else can relate to. For some reason I always have to do things at "proper intervals". For example, I start to do nofap february but because I fap on feb the 1st it means I have to wait until march to start again. Or I have a day where I think "now I'll eat healthy" but because I eat a cookie at 4pm I then sabotage myself with shit food and think "Ok I'll start over again tomorrow". Likewise I can't exercise unless I do it at certain times of the day and if I miss that time period, I must wait until the next interval "that feels right". For some reason things have to perfectly align in my mind and be ordered for me to pursue them. And before you ask no, I'm not autistic and I have a decent social life. But this is a thinking process that has affected me for years. I would have got my shit together ages ago if it weren't for "No, I'll do it tomorrow when things are sunny and I my clothes are washed. That'll make for a better start" mentality.

How do I stop letting procrastination in the form of OCD stop me from making progress in my life?
>>
You're just delaying things yourself, I'd say ultimately because you're scared of actually changing. I wouldn't really say it's OCD.

You have to think about this in the long term- if you don't change this, you will literally be 60 and in the same mental place as you are now. That's not to scare you, but just to help you realise that you need to start right now, absolutely no excuses.

The perfect time will never come, and the idea of 'evenness' that you have in your mind is entirely in your mind. We can find faults with absolutely anything, this is human nature. You're aware of that, you can move beyond it. But you need to ignore the 'feeling' because the 'feeling' that it isn't right is the excuse not to.

For example, nofap February, going from the 1st to the 28th is not important. The main thing is your mental and physical health, it's about stopping something that you think is harmful or something like that.

Ultimately as well, you have to think about when one day becomes another. This is a problem that we have as humans, because really one day slowly transforms into another, but we have to draw a line somewhere. It's kind of like- imagine a plate with the sides slowly rising up- when do we call it a bowl? If it keeps going, when do we call it a cup? Like your approach to 'proper intervals' it's largely your choice.
>>
>>18011569
Why'd you bump, the first post was the only one necessary
Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear
>>
>>18011212
you'd rather think and talk about how you want to act than actually act, just like 99% of people on his planet.
>>
>>18011577
this i feel the same as you OP and that first post has hit the nail on the head. Change is necessary and there is no 'right' time to do it, the sooner you start the easier it will become
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.