[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you love yourself? My whole life I feel like it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

How do you love yourself?

My whole life I feel like it's unnecessarily difficult to accept the way I am.

I was extremely socially awkward as a kid and only opened up to people I felt comfortable around.

Eventually I realized I was weird and that I get serious anxiety in certian social situations like when meeting new people.

I've been improving socially and it gives me less anxiety, but I noticed around certain types of people I withdraw myself and feel extremely uncomfortable and that paranoid about being judged.

I cant break this habit of thought for the life in me but definitely have improved over the years (21 now). Im always comparing myself to other people still, especially personalities that I aspire to have, which is mainly people who straight up dont give a fuck.

In the nature vs nurture perspective, I feel like this is strongly nature's doing in wiring my brain and I fucking hate it. How can i just accept who I am 110% and never ever think like an insecure, paranoid, little bitch?
>>
>>18010664
Are you me?

Serious question. Are you a virgin [spoiler] too?[/spoiler]
>>
>>18010669
No im not a virgin. I guess i can fake being a completely different person at times so im not that fucking autistic but i hate the fact that this bullshit still occupies my mind. The self loathing is real after breaking up with my girlfriend too. Oh well
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 176x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 176x299px
this is your 5th thread in row
>>
>>18010685
Honestly sounds like something medication can fix. Serious answer.
>>
>>18010664

loving people means accepting their faults, not ignoring them.

sometimes loving your dog means slapping them on the nose so they dont poop on the carpet.

dont believe tumblr when they say loving yourself means giving into ALL your base urges.

loving yourself means giving yourself credit where credit is due, and treating yourself the same way you treat the people you love. most importantly with affection, yes, but also holding them to a standard and being upset when they deviate from that standard.

the difference between loving someone else and loving you is that when you're upset with yourself YOU can fix it.
>>
>>18010664
You'll likely always have a little insecurity due to self-awareness.

Personally, I feel like I've been able to love myself a lot more in the last couple of years and it has made a big difference in my life.
It's hard to narrow it down but maybe start by just allowing yourself to enjoy something once without caring too much about whether you deserve it or not.
It will put you back in tune with something positive and something to be grateful for and from there you can build.
>>
>>18010664
You don't. Constant depression anxiety and self loathing can bring a clearity most will never know
>>
>>18010730
Definitely has to do with self awareness now I think about it. Im constantly thinking about my body language, facial expressions, thoughts/emotions/reactions, why i feel a certain way at a certain time, etc.

I wish these thoughts just never occured to me desu
>>
>>18010664
With my hand.
>>
>>18010755
Perhaps it's a little extreme. But have you considered taking MDMA/ecstasy?

It will melt away that anxious self awareness and connect you will feel super connected with people. It will show you what's possible and hopefully you can retain that lesson or some version of that self beyond the time taking the drug.
>>
>>18010664
Are you actually me? All this shit applies to me so well. I even was anxious talking to others online/cashiers at one point.
>>
Learn to stop giving a fuck.
>>
Life is nothing but misery learn to stop giving a fuck. The second you do that you can maybe enjoy it. Also, drugs will solve literally every problem you have.
>>
>>18010664
Do shit that makes you feel better about yourself, like going to the gym often; you're practically killing two birds with one stone by feeling better about yourself mentally and physically. Also anything else that you can feel accomplished by works too, really boils down to what kind of person you are

>>18010704
also this
>>
>>18010664
>>18010669
Same for me certain people turn me back into a betamax but try to keep a pokerface, try to imagine he isn't there and try to imagine how you'd feel if this was the case.
Also it keeps getting better (27 now).
If you can also try not giving a fuck about what others think of you, some will laugh in their cups but most won't care about or overthink stuff you do or say that you might think are cringy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.