[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any experience with support groups? My doctor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: faultinourstars2[1].jpg (50KB, 554x300px) Image search: [Google]
faultinourstars2[1].jpg
50KB, 554x300px
Does anyone have any experience with support groups? My doctor suggested I try it.
What are my chances to meet a cute girl to make each other feel less miserable about our illness?
>>
>>18009912
Do you really want to date someone as mentally unstable as yourself?
>>
>>18009947
I'm not mentally unstable, why would they be?
>>
>>18009975
Who do you think go to support groups
>>
>>18009994
To learn how to deal with the reality of being incurably ill and sharing my experiences with others who are in a similar situation, I guess.
>>
>>18009994
So if you have cancer you are mentally disabled??? Anon you disappoint me
>>
>>18010016
I'd trade my autoimmune disease for cancer any day, at least cancer can be cured theoretically.
>>
>>18010035
Is it a really serious one, or manageable? Either way, you have my condolences.
>>
>>18010046
It doesn't kill me, but it also doesn't allow me to live. I'm in that suspended state of wasting away in my room. Not having the freedom to do and enjoy fun things is really starting to depress me.

My condition isn't bad enough to justify stronger therapy as it comes with very serious side-effects, some of which are irreversible and/or fatal. So medicine can't really do more for me at this point, except send me to a support group, a psychiatrist and prescribing me happy pills. I'm really not keen on the latter as happy pills will never subsitute fun.
>>
>>18010076
So, what is it? MS or something?
>>
File: IMG_1295.jpg (237KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1295.jpg
237KB, 970x545px
>>18009912
Kek I thought that was a picture from People of Earth at first
>>
>>18010079
A stupidly severe case of ulcerative colitis, chronic inflammation of the colon, causing permanent uncontrollable explosive diarrhea and abdominal pain. Usually it's kept in check with mild meds and doesn't have much of an impact of most patient's lives. But instead of a couple bad weeks every other year I get a couple of good weeks every other year. And instead of affecting a portion of the colon, it affects all of it. The steroids they usually give patients helped a lot, but also manifested side-effects that rendered me unable to walk, or stand for that matter. The other meds I threw back up. I'm currently on medication that stops the inflammation from spreading throughout the rest of my body and keeps it at bay enough to let me keep my weight.
>>
>>18010109
Could you get a transplant or something?
>>
>>18010134
Theoretically yes, but it's not guaranteed to help and the complications and side-effects could very well be worse than what I've got. I've been living with this for quite a while and I've talked every single option over with different doctors. Unless it starts becoming worse to the point where it's life threatening, no other steps will be taken. Complete health and a normal life are absolutely impossible until science works some kind of miracle nobody is working on yet as of right now.
>>
>>18010165
That really sucks.

I reckon you should go to the support group. You might meet some nice friends, or a girlfriend, and that potential is reason enough to give it a go.
>>
>>18010200
Oh boy, a girlfriend who understands and doesn't mind, that'd be the life. I'm objectively a 9/10, educated and got money, but that's all irrelevant when you can't just leave the house and do normal stuff like dates and outdoor activities. My mind is constantly preocupied with where the next toilet is, not because I'm paranoid, but because I very very often need it. You wouldn't believe the places and circumstances I have shat in.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.