[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What non-retarded sources should I get my news from? I just want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6408.jpg (53KB, 534x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6408.jpg
53KB, 534x403px
What non-retarded sources should I get my news from? I just want what's happening in the world, not some stupid agenda or some dumb cunt's opinion.
>>
>>18009437
>not some stupid agenda or some dumb cunt's opinion
GL finding objective news.
>>
>>18009437
You can't.
But here is an imperfect guide that might help you : http://m.imgur.com/gallery/iPLkz
>>
>>18009437

just get it from all the major sources

CNN
BBC
FOX
RT (for that kremlin perspective)
Al Jazeera
Reuters

These will keep you up-to-date, with a very varied angle on the same news.
>>
>>18009437
>News
>unbiased
>non-retarded source
pick two.
>>
>>18009453
>Vox
>reputable at all
I fucking hate Vox, they blame white men and racism for everything. Brexit? 100% Racism. Maybe some people voted because of "fug immigrands" but many voted because of Brussels calling many of the shots or EU workers taking jobs.
>>
>>18009459
>News
>unbiased
>>
>>18009458
>RT (for that kremlin perspective)
>Al Jazeera
The only two you really need. Reuters is good too
>>
Look guys, I know there's always bullshit and bias in there but I just want to get it from somewhere that isn't so noticeable every time I open the app. As long it doesn't feel like I'm on fucking Tumblr like that one time I went on Washington Shitpost.
>>
You have to listen to all news from as many angles as possible and make your own opinion from it. The more sources you listen to, the more you'll be able to see through bullshit, biases and agendas.
>>
>>18009472
I think I said imperfect but whatever.
As long as you filter what you take from it, they have pretty good articles, their agenda is fucking clear, it's easy to pick what to read.
>>
Euronews is my personal favorite.
>>
>>18009541
Sorry I didn't mean to direct the hate at you, just the guy who made the image
>>
>>18009582
Alright mate. Look at the comments, you're not the only one kek
>>
Go to alternative news sources on YouTube then verify info from their direct/local source. I'm serious.

A fucking long-haired occultist from a Vermont in front of his webcam does better commentary than any legacy media now.
>>
File: download_20170131_160039.png (969KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170131_160039.png
969KB, 1080x1080px
Your brain. Get news from multiple and somewhat neutral sources and figure out yourself what you want to buy. RT is a really good breath of fresh air, but blend it in with some CNN. MSNBC is just a left-wing Fox News. Use those two for very biased takes on current issues.

CNN tries to stay neutral, but they're very biased in some areas. CNN's coverage of the 2016 election and aftermath are/were very biased and so was RT in some respects (but I'd say RT did a much better job).

Just think for yourself and talk it over with your friends and family. Don't be afraid to offend and don't be offended. Just pursue the truth and the best answer. Don't try to fill in holes with ideology, that never works out well, it's for people who don't like to think because it's too hard (trust me, it can get tough, but don't compromise integrity for an easy answer, I'd rather not have an answer at all).
>>
>>18009472
Vox is like a left wing PagerU.
>>
>>18009453
Occupy Democrats is a notch too much to the right.
>>
I personally enjoy BBC and NPR marketplace podcasts for a general overview on whats goin on in the world, with a bit more focus on US business and economics without getting too deep in jargon speak.

BBC just states events with minimal "extra" commentary, so even super bias is ignorable, if not hilarious.
NPR Market sticks to the numbers and out of any political or social commentary unless money is immediately changing hands as a result, only time they broke this tradition was when Trump tweeted about nukes a few weeks back.
For news in the immediate area I just turn on whatever is the local public station.

There's always snippets of bias but its on you to see it for what it is and just ignore it if desired.
>>
>>18009503
This.
>>
>>18009437
That's a question that no one can answer and no one will ever answer.

News isn't a black and white thing. It's a gray area where people's ideas of right, wrong, good, bad are scrambled.

You're going to find three types of news:
>Biased
>Left
>Right
of course, there are exceptions, but those are the big ones.

Just because CNN says one thing, doesn't mean FOX will say the same. Hell, they might not even mention it at all. Prime Example: Flint Michigan being ignored while the Pipeline gets all the headlines (Long story short; People in a town in Michigan have had poison water, literally, for the past 1,000 days). If you're in college and need elective/G.E. units, I highly suggest you take a critical thinking course. It'll help you differentiate between opinions, facts, 'alternative facts,' advertisements, etc. (of course, every professor is different)

One station may say Trump's Moo-slim ban might destroy the nation and turn us into the fourth Reich, others will say that it's good for national security and a necessary step for our country.

That's why the country is literally torn in half between people who hate Trump and people who worship him like Reagan's cyborg twin. Politics and news are all opinion-based.

If anything, I think your main concern should be creating your own opinion while the reds and blues are screaming at you to join their side.

TL;DR
You will never find news that you're satisfied (and that's a good thing) with unless you are a sheep.
>>
>>18010002
>BBC
Shillings hard against everyone who doesn't have the same opinion they do and advocates tranny rights. Nice news source imo.
>>
>>18009437
Look, the best thing you can do is look at lots of different sources and compare them. There's no news source that isn't unbiased.
>>
Review from multiple sources and use your own judgement. Just always question and be skeptical of what you read and be sure to ask follow up questions to yourself. Critical thinking is your friend
>>
>>18009437
The only way is to browse multiple sources with different agendas in order to see all sides of the issue
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.