[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(got sent here by an anon from r9k since he said this board is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1473807154073.png (2MB, 1240x810px) Image search: [Google]
1473807154073.png
2MB, 1240x810px
(got sent here by an anon from r9k since he said this board is more relevant.)

I had the realization that I've got literally no empathy for anyone what-so-ever. I lost a friend today and the first thing my mind jumped to is 'how can I use this to make myself more popular.'

This caused me to look back at my past, and I saw that I had been doing it for almost all my life. Shit childhood I suppose, parents were cunts. I'm trying not to be edgy, if it came across like that call me a faggot.

Who else /lowempathy/ here? Anyone else not have that ability to care how others may be feeling?
>>
>>18009016
You're a physcopath Harry.
>>
>>18009016
You sound depressed, whether you're aware of that or not.
>>
>This caused me to look back at my past, and I saw that I had been doing it for almost all my life. Shit childhood I suppose,

empathy is usually an extension of sharing commonly understood suffering.

do you also have no sense of humor?
>>
You're talking about sympathy not empathy, retard.

Empathy is the ability to understand other people's feelings. It has nothing to do with caring. Lacking empathy is a hallmark of autism.
>>
maybe that's the way you deal with things in life. i feel like things that happen to others don't get to me like it happens with others.
>>
>>18009016
Are there people that you genuinely enjoy just because of reasons? Is there someone you'd be really sad to hear that they died?
>>
I feel like this often, I usually ask myself if I'm just really selfish because I've been like this most of my life and never understood why people started to dislike me. I didn't really grasp social manners until I got much older, but I still find it hard to be there for someone when they cry or share something personal. I'm very indifferent and don't want to say anything if it's not genuine. I do believe it has something to do with my early childhood, but I can not think of the exact reason.
I don't seek to hurt people or manipulate them, I just find it hard to feel for them or relate.
>>
>>18009016

would you want people to care what you think? take your feelings into consideration?
if you dont care youre prolly a psycho and this should not be an issue,
if you maybe you should stop being a fucking immature narcissist.
also i hate you ugh
>>
>>18009016
Sounds pretty normal to me. Some loner druggie crashed his motorcycle at my high school. After his death he was the "best friend" of half the school, and everyone made a big display about how hurt they were and how much they missed him. That kids death was a turning point in my life. I realized most people in our society are just hollow narcissists 100% incapable of real han experience.

But at least you realized. You can certainly grow in empathy, I know I have. I'd start journalling and maybe go talk to a therapist. I avoid them, since I think a lot of them are like the aforementioned hollow ghosts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.