[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, What are your thoughts on keeping pictures of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: lb.jpg (400KB, 1744x1348px) Image search: [Google]
lb.jpg
400KB, 1744x1348px
Hey /adv/,

What are your thoughts on keeping pictures of your ex on Facebook/social media? I'm not talking tons of pictures, but keeping a few here and there. After a year long relationship we were very much in love and although it has been months after breaking up I still have some photos that can be viewed.

If I want to meet some new girls does having these photos up act as a detriment if they creep my Facebook past? Should I just purge all the pictures?
>>
>>18008304
We'll that depends, do you want them there? And also did it end on bad terms? I was in a relationship for 2 years and it ended horribly. I took almost every photo down except the ones that really meant something to me. I asked my new partner how he felt about the photos when he met me and browsed my Facebook, and being a reasonable person he just said well they werent an excessive amounts and at our age we've dated quite a few people before so it's not a big deal.
>>
I leave them. Might not work for everyone though, I'm just the type of person who would do something entirely on the principle of the thing even if it's actually killing me inside.

As far as I'm concerned if you take all those pictures down you're losing the break up.
>>
>>18008304

I leave them. If some chick is super mad about some girl I dated a while back, then she's not the girl for me. I either dumped the girl, or put the shit behind me.

I'm still friends with a majority of my exes.
>>
I personally don't give a fuck. My boyfriend has photos right back from high school dances and they don't bother me. There are next to none of us together either, but I know the time we've been together is a lot more meaningful to him than past relationships
>>
If the breakup was awful and you absolutely hate this person to death and they hate you just as much, then that's the only reason I see to take them down. Otherwise, a relationship is just a part of your past the same as the school you went to or the house you grew up in. There will be good parts and bad parts but if you remember the good parts then you won't lose anything.

The way I see it taking them down is a bad way of dealing with the breakup if you at least ended it on positive or neutral terms. You have good things to remember about this person so remember them and take what made them happy into the next relationship. If you trash your feelings about a relationship you genuinely enjoyed then what will you be taking to the next one? Photos or gifts or things like that are evidence that you made someone truly happy once upon a time and if you're happy that you made them happy even after a breakup well what are you losing?
>>
I have a bad confession; sometimes I jerk off to my ex's pictures. It's bad, cringey, and shows I can't let it 100% go, but I like it sometimes. Am I over her? I'd say for the most part.

I guess in the long run, OP, yes, it's bad. Moving on, while cliche, does help you forget. Find someone else I guess, persue your dreams, and keep working on your hobbies.
>>
>>18008304
honestly i dont trust any guy that keeps up pictures of his ex. thats just code for low key sex. ive had boyfriends that do that to girls they just met after me and dump them. guys can be evil.
>>
Heres the thing. 99% of girls are going to try and make you get rid of the friend on fb and delete the pictures out of jealousy. Girls like to claim territory and if you are letting some other girl claim you thats a bad sign. And they will get the impression you havent completely moved on
>>
File: 1477963587851.jpg (25KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477963587851.jpg
25KB, 720x540px
>>18008304

Young kids deal with heartbreak by either hoarding all of the memories they can or purging every last trace of the person from their lives.

I personally don't even thinking about the pictures. I'll toss things and rearrange my life for utilitarian purposes but I don't feel the need to erase people from my life to grieve them.

Ultimately, I don't really care. If I really like my current partner enough and she REALLY doesn't like the pictures then I'll delete them.

I think keeping them because you can't force yourself to delete them is different from keeping them because you just don't really care.

I don't really care. I'm not ashamed of reminders of my past nor am I attached to them. When you get older you'll likely feel the same way, not to mention that the people you date will also be far less insecure.
>>
I always just leave shit up. I'm unfazed enough to go to all that trouble of removing all traces of someone who was a big part of my life. If my new partner has such an issue with the fact that I've dated other people in the past they're probably not mature enough for me to tolerate for very long. I simply just don't care enough to go and delete things for the sake of appearances. For me if someone goes to all that trouble, it means they're hung up on it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.