[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with some difficult relationship issues, anons. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: usa-uk-flag.png (36KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
usa-uk-flag.png
36KB, 600x316px
Dealing with some difficult relationship issues, anons.

I'm an American and my Girlfriend in Britain. We met 13 years ago while I was doing a semester abroad. We've been together ever since and it has, overall, been a great relationship.

However, she has mentioned that she is unwilling to move to the US because she wants to be near her family. I've explained to her that either way we go, one of us is going to have to leave their family, connections, and friends behind, so I feel that it would be most fair to look at it from a financial perspective.

I own a house in the US while she lives with her parents (although her parents are pretty cool and much more helpful/understanding than mine). I'd likely have to sell my home as well as everything in it, incurring significant costs. Incomes in the UK are also significantly lower and costs much higher. I would also face double-taxation if I moved in the UK and she would not if she moved here.

I spent several years living in Britain and absolutely hated it there, so I'm not too eager to give in on this. I am, however, 31 years old and fear that I would be giving up on a relationship that has otherwise worked very well and that I have already invested a significant portion of my life into. I'd also be unlikely to find another decent person at this point in my life. All the available women my age are now emotionally unstable sluts who couldn't hold down a partner and get married.

Wut do?
>>
Face reality
Find 25 year old gf in america
>>
Love or finance. Is it that hard?
>>
>>18007969
A minor correction. You would not be double-taxed in Britain. The US-UK Tax Treaty says you pay tax in Britain and then subtract every penny of it from the tax you owe the US.
>>
>>18009231

That exemption is only up to a certain amount. It also doesn't cover capital gains.
>>
13 years and still not married, shes 31 and lives with her parents and still too fragile to leave them? Jesus man, why can you see this is not a good situation for you?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.