[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently I have been having doubts about my intelligence. I always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1405179470001.jpg (58KB, 505x557px) Image search: [Google]
1405179470001.jpg
58KB, 505x557px
Recently I have been having doubts about my intelligence.
I always did well at school, learnt to read at age 4, and had my IQ tested by a psychologist when I was 15: I don't remember the exact result, but it was significantly above average.

The thing is, those tests were done a long time ago and recently I've been quite frustrated with myself because it seems that I fail at many things I try to learn or undertake: driving, picking up some hints in a film etc. I know those can probably be explained by stress or some other factors, but it kind of bugs me sometimes and I have a long list of insecurities already.
Should I get a professional IQ test again to calm my doubts?
>>
>>18007705
Your probably miscounting. You probably count only the failures but never the successes. I bet if you recount you would find a 95% success rate
>>
How often do you read?
>>
Could be that youre not sleeping enough and thus have a bad concentration during the day
>>
kek i don't understand why people like you get so hung up on stuff like this... why do you need to feel like you have to be superior to something as subjective as intelligence to the people around you? narcissistic as fuck.

the thing is, when you're a kid, you pick up on stuff much faster than an adult would because kids have less mental clutter. have you seen those 11 y/o's that smash 20 y/o's at shooters and shit? yeah, they also have all the time in the world to absorb that stuff. man i used to be much better at vidya when i was a kid versus now.

why not just learn to enjoy life as it is? or pick a passion and get good at that one thing. better than being a jack of all trades sort of deal. learn to enjoy the hobby for what it is, and don't compare yourself to others. unless it's to challenge yourself or to set a goal... you know, stuff that helps motivate you into furthering your craft.

i'm a dumbass and even i figured that out and life is going pretty well for me as an artist. i work at a major company doing what i love, i have a social and romantic life, and overall pretty happy. never took an iq test in my life, but i hear that shit's outdated and inaccurate anyways. take life by the balls for once and quit relying on numbers.
>>
>>18007744
That's possible, also I believe stress is a big factor here... Add to that the fact that I've also been better in thinking than acting and those 'failures' are mostly in the fields that require acting.
This feeling of inadequate efficiency is mostly contained to myself though, as in I am the worst critic of my actions
>>18007734
Not as often as I want.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.