[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work in pest control. Tell me your woes and I'll tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: pest control.gif (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pest control.gif
19KB, 300x300px
I work in pest control. Tell me your woes and I'll tell you what to buy and how to use it to rid yourself of your bug related woes.
>>
Which chemical would your recommend to rid my home of my wife's family?
>>
>>18006725
Seriously, nigger, help!
>>
>>18006754
>>18006739
You literally can't kill humans efficiently with pesticides anymore. The lethal dosage of most pesticides is on par with fucking table salt.
>>
>>18006725

Theres these tiny brown beetles that keep showing up drowned in my pets water dish. Never see any alive anywhere. Wtf are these and how do i make them stop coming around?
>>
>>18006816
Are they june bugs or do they fly? it usually if you find dead bugs in water it's because of other water sources like overwatered plants and such. If anything, maybe make sure to change out the water at least every night.
>>
How do you scorpion proof a house?
>>
>>18006725
ive gott bed bugs in my room and they have spread everywhere. at first it was just the bed but now they bite me under desk too.

moving to new house in 2 days. How do I make sure they dont follow me!!
>>
Termites in the summer come out to play

I also have spiders setting up shop in my car
>>
>>18006849
Pretty tough, they usually harbor in things kept close to the house, like firewood or sheds and stuff. They like to keep out of the shade. They don't have nests like ants or roaches have and they're always trying to stay cool if it's hot out. Just keep things like mulch away from your house and try not to store too many things really close to the house.

Pesticides work to kill them, but the main thing is to make your house unattractive to them. For instance, I lived in a hot area in California and we had a cord of firewood right against the house. We had scorpions all the time.
>>
>>18006828

Too small to be june bugs, about a third the size of a lady bug
>>
>>18006854
If you have termites, they're pretty much always there until you kill them. They swarm when the weather changes, so it's not surprising that you're seeing them in the summer. Take a look at Premise Foam online. Just make sure to follow the label and it'll kill the fuckers. You'll need to do some drilling too.

For spiders make sure to keep webs knocked down. You can buy something called a webster brush to knock them down pretty efficiently. Pesticides aren't usually needed for spiders since they need their webs to catch food.
>>
>>18006725
good thread.
how can you help me get rid of mosquitoes in any way?
>>
Got a nigger problem, need them out of my neighborhood. Tips?
>>
>>18006725
I use food grade diatomaceous earth to keep roaches under control. Chemicals are out of the question due to my daughters health issues. It successfully eliminated Bed bug, but roaches are proving m,ore problematic due to neighbors.

Is diatomaceous earth my best be to fight roaches? or is their a better thing to use that is safe for small children with compromised immune system?
>>
We have coackroaches in kitchen. Apartment is always clean and we always clean our dishes right away and the trash is taken away everyday. We doesn't even eat at home very often. It could be that coackroaches migrates from neighbores. What do we do?
ps not America.
>>
Carpet beetles. Every fucking year.
>>
File: imageGen.png (253KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
imageGen.png
253KB, 500x500px
>>18006851
Not OP, but i started having bed bugs a couple months ago. I got rid of them with this flea bomb (pic related). It says fleas, but it actually works on all bugs, and keeps them away for 9 months.

Bed bugs hide in the craziest places and it can be very hard to get them. I know someone that's killed them with diotomaceous earth, but that's a huge effort and takes a while. In your situation, I'd just bomb the room. Its a bit of a process, but works so well. I went from being devoured alive over a week, to being completely fine the next day.

Follow the instructions to the letter.

I love these bomb things, and now, whenever i move into a new place, i bomb it before moving the furniture in; which makes it easy.
>>
File: 1473997891488.jpg (136KB, 700x374px) Image search: [Google]
1473997891488.jpg
136KB, 700x374px
>>18006739
/thread
>>
I'm pretty sure I know the answer but fuck it.
I've got basically everything you can think of. Slugs, flies, mice, roaches. It's because I live in a house that was built in the 30's and has been poorly maintained.
Cheap rental thing. I can't afford to spend the real money to find every single little hole and crack these fuckers are climbing up out of, and landlord sure as hell ain't gonna.

What's the best I can do though?
The mosquitoes are particularly driving me mad. They at least don't make their way inside unless you keep the door open, but they're everywhere outside.
I live in a river city too, about a mile away from the river. Most of the neighbors yards flood when it rains.
Anything I can do about that? Tips on outdoor repellent? Those fuckers love my blood.
>>
>>18006725
Do this is only for insects? I have a mouse problem you see. Extra problematic that the other inhabitant here works with mice and isnt allowed to come into contact with the wild motherfuckers.
They always come in the einter but this year its worse then ever. I even found a dead mice in the bag we use for old paper (we devide up our waste). I've seen one jump off the kitchen counter twice this week when I came into the kitchen at night. I hear them sometimes digging and knawing through the walls when I sit down quitly around the house. Mostly on ground level but I've also heard one on the first floor. Basically they're almost everywhere.
How do I stop them efficently without poison? I tried that some years ago and they mostly didnt touch it or the one time it did work it gave me a dead mouse body in an almost unreachable place that got maggots amd then we had a hundred thick black flies in the living room.
>>
I'm back everyone

>>18007167
They come from standing water. So make sure you're regularly changing water in pet food bowls and not overwatering plants.

>>18007369
D Earth is okay, but you might as well buy Advion Roach Bait on Amazon. Pretty safe, cheap and really easy to use. Most pesticides are safe either once their try or just right out the door.

>>18007389
Same advice on the roach bait. You may need to apply it a couple times over the course of a month.

I'll get to the rest in a moment.
>>
every winter we get mice out the ass in my house. no idea how to stop them. looked for places theyre getting in and sealed them up but its not helping.

basically right now im just doing damage control, have a bunch of reusable traps and just put peanut butter on them. i must have killed like over 60 mice these past 2 years.

wat do senpai
>>
>>18007766
Check out T Rex snapping traps. Use peanut butter Cliff bars as bait. That or use sticky traps if you're willing to deal with the mess. You might want to look around the outside of your house for areas they are getting in from. Keep trees that hang too close to your house trimmed back and make sure the weather stripping on your doors and garage door are making full contact with the ground.

>>18007722
If you just want to kill fucking everything, go to doyourownpestcontrol dot com and buy Maxxthor SC and a sprayer. You'll need to dillute it in water and spray it around the perimeter of the house. It's safe to use indoors too as long as you leave for about 4 hours to give it time to dry.
>>
File: bait stations.jpg (150KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bait stations.jpg
150KB, 1200x1200px
>>18007798
If you want to go all out on the fuckers, buy bait stations online and keep them filled with Contrac Blocs. This is the real deal though, so make sure to wear gloves when putting the bait in.

Also, make sure you don't have any mulch or unkempt planters close to your house, could be possible harborage areas.
>>
>>18007799
I've got a cat, I probably should have mentioned. I assume though when you say its safe to use indoors you mean it won't kill my cat lol.
>>
>>18007799
The guy with the mice everywhere here. Thank you very much and I'll look the things up you adviced me to use. Peanutbutter sounds interesting, the one time I used traps I used cheese. Cant remember that being all too effective.
>>
Also, general just pro tip here. Make sure when you travel you leave all your luggage outside your house until you've had a chance to wash all your clothes. The bed bug epidemic really is a big deal now and those fuckers are a huge pain in the ass.
>>
>>18007827
Cheese isn't so great for rodents, even though it's a common trope.
>>
>>18006725
Also a pest control.

Here to fact check ya nigguh

>>18006756

Not a good start... Table salt has a very low LD50.. 127 mg/kg.

Contrac blox for mice is 5000 mg/kg.

...k the rest (the shit that matters) looks legit.

Hey pest control bro! I just started my own business. Moneys pouring in. I suggest you do the same if you havent already. Although Im in Canada, pretty much anything that works is restricted and requires a license to transport and another license to buy.. Gives me an edge.
>>
>>18007839
We're based in LA county and we're regulated out the fucking ass over here. If I started my own company I'd do it in a different state for sure. I also don't think there's much money in the industry unless you jew people with contracts and cancellation fees.
>>
>>18006725

I've been getting random bug bites overnight that looks and feel like mosquito bites for the past couple of weeks. The first time i was bitten was on my foot and it was super big and itchy but the ones after were small and very mild. They are only single bites in random area and not in straight line. It's been happening roughly once a week. I suspect my gf who lives in a rundown apartment with roomate but she swears she doesn't have it because she gets really bad reaction to bbs and she would know. I live in a new condo building and keep my place pretty clean. Do I have bed bugs and should I panic? What's my next course of action besides shooting myself?
>>
bump I NEED SOME ANSWERS
>>
ants, theyres a few inside and i know theres a lot outside. ant rid does fuck all
>>
File: wat.jpg (13KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
13KB, 256x197px
I live in a log house that was built in 2006. Also, I live in a cold-ass place.

Anyway, flies. Just...flies. They are lethargic and dying in the spring and fall and just show up all moribund and sad all over the house. In the winter I only see them on days it warms up out of the negatives. In the summer they can fly better so I assume I just notice them less because they aren't dying in my coffee.

What the fuck is this? The house is kept ridiculously clean. People online say it's a log house thing and they live in the logs...what the fuck are they eating? Log? It's lessened a bit over the years but it's still weird as fuck. I didn't pay a shitton of money for fancy logs to get rained on by flies.
>>
bumpique
>>
>>18008821
I'm back, what problems are you having?
>>
>>18009224

see
>>18007885

had my property manager come over today to look. There was no obvious signs of bedbug (no spots on the mattress, no visible bugs anywhere) he advised that I continue to monitor rather than calling pest control and gassing the place. My gf is freaking out though and I am not gonna be laid until I can be sure there are no bugs. Do bed bugs only leave their mark on the mattress and sheet cover? They couldn't be doing it elsewhere where it's less visible to naked eye?
>>
>>18009305

I also have a cat but she is strictly indoors and I groomed her pretty thoroughly and didn't find any sign of fleas that I could see.
>>
File: bed bugs.jpg (43KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bed bugs.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
>>18009305
They do leave traces, see pic related. Did they check the seams of the mattress? Are you both being bitten or just one of you? Can you post a picture of your bites? It's pretty hard to tell from the bites themselves but I can get a general idea.

Also, you mentioned getting bit on the ankle, have you been getting bites anywhere else? If you're only being bit on the ankles and legs that's indicative of fleas.
>>
>>18009305
If you're really freaking out buy something like pic related and place them around the areas you think might have bed bugs. They're monitors that we use to check for bed bugs if we can't find any but the tenant is still tripping about it. To me, it really doesn't sound like bed bugs, especially with you're description of the bites. They usually look more like a rash than a big bump like a mosquito bite.
>>
So check it out, I live in California (miountain area) and have problems with ants coming in my house through power outlets and cracks in the walls where appliances and shelves are mounted. Also in my back yard I have a shop and every summer I get swarms of black widows in there, any tips?
>>
>>18009309

yes we checked the seams with flashlight and found no trace at all, at least on the mattress or the sheets. The box spring I haven't checked that closely yet.

both me and my gf got bit one night which led to us freaking out. She told me she gets really bad reaction from bb bites but it was pretty mild on her and mine is already gone after a day. Mostly getting bitten on the leg but last night I found one on my chest even with the cat kept outside the bedroom.
>>
>>18009364
Like I said earlier, keep webs knocked down to keep spiders from showing up. For ants, the easy way out is Advion Ant Gel that you can buy on Amazon. That shit is the real deal, just follow the label.

If you want to go all out on ants, buy Termidor online with a sprayer, follow the directions VERY carefully and spray around your perimeter. That shit fucks up an ant's day like no other. One container of it is also probably enough to last you the rest of your life. We're based in California too and ants are almost the number 1 money maker for us next to termites and bed bugs. You're not the only one.
>>
File: IMG_1809.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1809.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
in summertime, hundreds of small centipedes come to my lawn and just die there. what's going on?
>>
>>18009374
We don't deal with centipedes at all, but my guess is either they're dying from a neighbor's pest control or something to do with their biology that makes it so not all of them make it through their life cycle.

There really isn't anything that can be done about dead bugs, but the pest control I do is in LA so everything is really urban. I might be ignorant about stuff in your area.
>>
>>18009385
yeah, i live in a rural area in middle europe.
it's also snails. we have a groundleveled patio with concrete paving. my guess is that they crawl on top of it when it rains and then can't find their way out again since it leads into an u-formed kind of winter garden. is there nothing i could spray infront of the paving so they won't go up?
>>
File: 1485212474378.jpg (261KB, 800x743px) Image search: [Google]
1485212474378.jpg
261KB, 800x743px
If I'm sleeping and a centipede is nearby. Will it ever try to bite me on purpose?
>>
>>18009393
Snails are as easy as just going outside and tossing any snails you find in the trash can or something. Pesticides don't even really work to get rid of them. My boss even has his kids go out every summer and just collect snails and toss them out. I'm sure Europe has significantly different bugs than California so I'm not sure how relevant my advice may be.
>>
>>18009401
well, i don't have time to pick those fuckers up. i just whisk them together once they're dry.
i just find all rhe death critters gross. it's not a big deal. just thought there might be some neat trick i don't know about

thanks for your help!
>>
I want to eat like a slob in my room (2nd story) and have no spiders or other creatures. On occasion the bastards float down from a vent above my desk and I catch them but other than that there are none that I know about that maybe are lurking. Anyway, long story short I want my room repulsive to pests and presentable to humans at a low cost
>>
I spray for ants and spray for termites. Why separate? Why won't one kill the other?
>>
I live in an apartment complex and i try to keep all my food in the fridge or sealed containers and keep clean, but I jusf have a reoccurring roach problem that I just can't win. My fear is that when I'm able to move one day I'll take them with me. I have both large ones and small sized ones that I find in my kitchen and sometimes bathroom every nighf, without exception.

I've bought both raid and combat roach baits, and my landlord even had someone spray for them at one point, but I feel like just giving up.

Is the advion roach bait like you mentioned the best and only thing I can do? How does it differ from the other baits I have tried?
>>
Recurring roach problem in my mom's apartment. What do
>>
Partial relation to this thread

I once had a single mouse in my apartment
I made a trap for it (i.e. peanut butter in a roll over a bag)
I thought about filling the the bag/bucket with water so it would drown
But I ended up just throwing it outside in the winter

I feel like a pussy
I don't like killing mammals
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.