[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been friends with a girl for a while, but I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (547KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
547KB, 640x430px
I have been friends with a girl for a while, but I haven't told her that I have feelings for her directly yet. There is a good chance that she feels the same for me, but I am still in doubt. I am led to two options: confess my feelings, or seal the deal with a (spontaneous) kiss and see what happens. Any opinions welcome.
>>
>>18006619
haha, definitely do not kiss someone out of the blue.
>>
>>18006642
Well, that is not what I had in mind exacly, but you have a point
>>
relationships in general dont start out as friendships. There are exceptions, but they are very rare.

Your window of opportunity might have already closed forever if you waited a while, my personal rule of thumb is two weeks for it to close.

And last but not least, neither option is acceptable, you don't confess out of the blue, as that is manipulating behavior and you don't kiss out of the blue because that can be a sexual assault. The go to option for transiting to a relationship is: Dating
There you go, good luck
>>
>>18006717
Well, it was difficult to lay out all the circumstances, to make you see things from my point of view. That is why I gave these options which I have reaced. Thank you nevertheless, I will pay heed to your advice
>>
>>18006619
the latter is the better option in my opinion, but needs more courage of course.
>>
Ask her out you moron. Don't declare feelings ever unless she does it first. Just take her out.

If a date goes well you can kiss her goodnight.
>>
>>18006717
May I ask what you mean by manipulating behaviour?
>>
>>18006717
May I ask what do you mean by 'manipulating' behaviour?
>>
whoopsie, I posted twice. Sorry about that
>>
>>18006806
>>18006814
if you lay down in full length how you love a girl because you love some of her traits etc. That puts preasure on her and she may feel blackmailed "Either I tell him I love him aswell or he will get angry that I should have given him a chance, even though I don't like him that way. And no matter what I do, he may threaten to tell everyone what a bitch I am for how I treat a person that loves me deerly and genuine"

It's not the definition of manipulation for us guys, but many women will see it that way and react accordingly by running as fast and as far as they can get.
>>
>>18006884
I see, I did not think of it this way. Very well, this thread has helped me greatly. You made me view the situation from many new perspectives. Thank you for that
Any other addition is most welcome
>>
>>18006619
>confess my feelings, or seal the deal with a (spontaneous) kiss and see what happens

Both of those won't work. Life is not a movie. That's not how you date someone. You hang out, you have fun, and a very important step is that you flirt.

The last part is crucial. You NEED to show interest and she NEEDS to show interest back. If she didn't show interest so far, then it doesn't seem she is that much into you.
>>
>>18006910
So how do i flirt? And how do i distinquish interest for just friendship and interest for sth more? not op btw
>>
Not OP but if you ask a girl to a movie can you be pretty sure she knows it's a date or do you need to say as a date? Because the worst situation is if you try and make a move and she wasn't even thinking you asked her out in that way..
>>
>>18006976

>how do i distinquish interest for just friendship and interest for sth more?

This part is the easier one. Make more female friends. The more you hang out with girls, the more you'll see what "average attention" is. Once you have girls around, it'll be easy to see the ones that take up a special interest in you.

>So how do i flirt?

This part is harder as it's a very socially dependent thing. People in different places do it differently, and even inside the same country or even city there are plenty of ways to flirt.

But, in general terms, it's showing attention to the other person, showing you care, and showing what you have to offer. I know, it's nebulous as shit, but the more you do it the more you learn.
>>
>>18006995
>Not OP but if you ask a girl to a movie can you be pretty sure she knows it's a date or do you need to say as a date?

Have you been flirting prior to asking her out?
>>
>>18007000
I mean as a general rule, do you really need to specify or is the implication enough given let's say some playful conversation for a while beforehand
>>
>>18007064
>I mean as a general rule

There's no general rule. When you talk and hang out with people, you develop a relationship. You see each other as coworkers, friends, or more.

If she sees you as a friend, then it's not obvious that you meant date. But here's the thing, if you two are really interacting, it should be clear what the other person expects.

> let's say some playful conversation for a while beforehand

This tells me nothing, as that can be friends hanging out or flirting, depending on what was going on.
>>
>>18006619
If you're reasonably close friends, just bring it up causally.

Like, "You think we would work as a couple?"
Just put yourself in her shoes. You're a good friend that places her high enough that you'd think about something more. So, either she'll be flattered and say no or she'll say yes.

If she gives you the cold shoulder she wasn't your friend to begin with.

Realize that: 1. Women are people and 2. You have to take risks to get the things that you want in life

Good luck bud.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.