[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question about responsibility. I'm going to explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: kcd.jpg (75KB, 721x540px) Image search: [Google]
kcd.jpg
75KB, 721x540px
I have a question about responsibility. I'm going to explain the context of that question through past events that lead up to this moment. This is a long one, bare with me.
>tldr version is a couple post down

Three days ago I went to the zoo with my gf. I wasn't in a bad mood but I wasn't in the best mood either, I was still smiling, laughing and joking. After we had left the zoo i notice she looks sad, I ask her what's wrong and she says in a sullen tone "I don't know...it felt like you weren't engaging me today". I say I was in a fine mood and I enjoyed the day, which is true. She just says "I don't know...im sorry" At this point im aggravated. The car is silent for a few minutes until She says "i'm sorry I know its irrational im sorry" but I don't reply. After I drop her off I go to work and she calls me acting like nothing happened but i'm still upset. I tell her im aggravated and don't want to talk right now.
>>
Now my gf and I have been together 4 months. 1 month into the relationship she revealed that she is a heroin addict. I tell her to get clean or i'm gone, a month later she's fully clean all the way until 2 days ago. She is somewhat sensitive and since she's gotten clean she has dealt with some depression and things like i'm describing at the zoo have happened many times.
The day after going to the zoo I go to buddy's house, his wife leaves for the day so him and I chill until the night drinkin beers and talkin shit.
That morning my gf had texted me saying "I love you, hope you have fun at buddy's" I say "I love you too" intentionally being short with her because I'm still aggravated. She then text me saying "I'm a bitch sometimes. I hope you can forgive me." I don't reply because I was still aggravated and didn't want to fight. We usually text and call eachother through out the entire day but that day I wanted some space. That night I checked my phone while I was at my friends house and noticed I had missed a call and a text. The text is from her saying "Haven't heard from you in awhile. What's up?"
>>
An hour later I go on a beer run and call her just to tell her I'm drinking some beers at buddy's and I haven't been around my phone.
After I left my friend's I was feeling better and no longer aggravated so I call her up while she's at work. She sounding kinda strange and after a minute of talking she said she'd call me back later. An hour goes by without a call or a text. I call her. Straight to voice mail. I text her and repeatedly call for the next 2 hours. Finally she calls me and she's crying. I'm mad and ask what the fucking is going on. Through the sobbing she tells me she went and got high and that she's so sorry. I was so upset that I couldn't be mad, I calmly told her that I am leaving her and to never speak to me again and not to send me any sappy bullshit over text. She then starts blaming it on me. Saying that she thought I was breaking up with her, that all I had to do was tell her I was ok and things were ok or that I needed some space and she would have been fine, that this wouldn't have happened. She tells me she knows what she did was really fucked up and it's not my fault but I shouldn't have treated her like that.

My question is, do i have some responsibility here? Do I have a responsibility as someone willfully dating a recovering heroin addict to cater to their sensitivities or should I be experiencing zero guilt?
>>
tldr version

>gf is a recovering heroin addict
>2 months clean
>she's gone through bouts of depression since
>it starts to wear on me
>one afternoon her insecurities pop up again and she basically ask me why I wasn't in a mood
>quiet car ride on the way to drop her off because im mad
>angrily tell her im aggravated with her that night
>we usually text and call each other very frequently but the night after the fight and most of the next day I barely speak to her because im mad
>call her after leaving a friends house because im not mad anymore
>she sounding strange and says she'll call me back
>she turns her phone off
>she relapses that night
>she blames it on me
>says she thought I was going to leave her and she was really hurt by me not speaking to her

A couple days later i'm feeling kind of guilty.
My question is, do i have some responsibility here? Do I have a responsibility as someone willfully dating a recovering heroin addict to cater to their sensitivities or should I be experiencing zero guilt?
>>
In my opinion, no you shouldn't feel any guilt. She's unstable and wouldn't be a good partner for you to raise a child with one day.
You could try to fix her, but you shouldn't be expected to, and shouldn't feel guilty for not wanting to.
>>
^
>>
>>18005964
>gf used to shoot dope
That should tell you to stay away.
A man can handle his drug use that women couldn't untill you demanded her too, obviously she was going to dope up again on a slight off day.
Get another pussy OP.
>>
>>18005991
She didn't shoot only snorted but I get what youre saying.
>>18005980
>>18005984
I'm not really asking if I should be with her. I guess I'm meaning to ask if it is my fault that she relapsed. She says she hasn't used since and never wants to again nor did she really want to that night.
>>
>>18005998
People are ultimately responsible for their own actions. But yeah, you contributed to her poor state of mind, and that was foreseeable.

I don't trust a change that someone makes for me to be any kind of permanent, long lasting change. Long term changes require that the person want it for themselves, not to please someone else.

You seem like a gigantic butthurt faggot. Someone who wants to stay "aggravated" the way you do is going to suck pretty hard as a romantic partner. Undoubtedly for the best for both of you to not be together. You need someone who is going to be able to easily shrug off your stupid bullshit.
>>
>>18006028
Truth is i'm not being completely honest. The situation is that I(the boyfriend) am actually the heroin addict and this entire situation is switched. I thought if I wrote this from her perspective I could gain some insight and that the advice given might be more pertinent to my question.

The complete situation is that she broke up with me but now wants to get back together. The problem she won't admit that her actions had some part in my breakdown therefore there's more potential for shit like this happen in the future.
>>
>>18006069
You are such a fucking faggot nigger.
Go od
And as a heavy drug user, you're a double faggot for choosing a women over a high.
And a thriple faggot for making this thread.
>>
>>18006075
You're showing the exact reason why I had to write this the way I did.
There's nothing good about me in any of this, I'm a fuck up. I just want to get my head straight and find some sense in this pile of shit. If she was smart she'd leave me but she wants me back and i'm not sure I want her back.
>>
>>18006069
How do you know the mental state of your ex-ish gf?

I'm going to stand by what I wrote in >>18006028 though:

1. People are responsible for their own actions. Claiming that someone else (or something else) is responsible for your behavior is bullshit.

2. You should try to be with someone who is not going to be so easily annoyed and who can get over minor annoyances quickly.

I also think you should quit the drugs because you know you need to quit the drugs. But that's probably not going to happen until YOU decide it needs to happen.
>>
>>18006115
Everything I said about her mental state such as when she was mad or aggravated are things she told me. I have no illusions that i'm lacking bias and there's no doubt that a lot of context is lacking on both sides. I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with this relationship so i'm essentially venting with this write-up. It's hard deciding which of my thoughts are rational regarding any of this.
>>
>>18005956
Your story is not interesting enough to be worth four posts, and I stopped reading halfway through.
>>
>>18005956
She is starting drama because she is bored with her own life
It's not your job to bend over to fix everything wrong with her life while also singing a song and juggling so she is entretained just because you are her boyfriend
>>
>>18005964
you are not responsible for her decision to do drugs. You are supposed to support her as best you can, but you can't be around 24/7/365 to keep needles out of her arms. Ultimately the onus is on the addict to stay clean.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.