[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>applied to 3 universities, a good school that was a reach,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1485046282540.gif (1MB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1485046282540.gif
1MB, 250x190px
>applied to 3 universities, a good school that was a reach, a good school I was fit for, and a meme school
>good school 1 rejected me and good school 2 deffered me
the thought of taking out $40k in loans to go to meme school makes me sick to my stomach

At what point do I look at alternatives to college?
>>
I don't understand, why would you apply to a school you don't even want to attend?
>>
File: f5c.jpg (92KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
f5c.jpg
92KB, 600x901px
>>18004960
The schools I wanted to attend werent supposed to reject me. That shit was not part of the plan.
>>
>>18004967
That doesn't answer my question. Why would you apply to a school you don't want to attend? A backup school is a school you'd be okay with attending if you don't get your preferences
>>
>>18004982
It was like an afterthought. There are 3 "big box" universities in my state and after applying to the first two I just blew through the application for the third. The point being I just kept the option open, but now I have to actually consider wether or not I'm okay with spending tons of money to go a party school. I've left myself that decision so that I can carefully consider my options if this happened.

That's why i'm asking for advice, that decision.
>>
>>18004952
>the thought of taking out $40k in loans to go to meme school makes me sick to my stomach

>>18005005
Sounds to me like you already know what you should do, and protip, it doesn't involve "meme school".

What is the "meme school", out of curiosity?
>>
>>18005032
ECU.
>>
>live in California
>be poor
>school is free
Feels good man.
>>
File: E1kGB0s.jpg (10KB, 225x255px) Image search: [Google]
E1kGB0s.jpg
10KB, 225x255px
>>18005044
Were the other two schools Duke and UNC?
>>
How has no one mentioned trades school?

Especially now, you don't need to have a college degree to get a career.

Go learn how to be a plumber or a carpenter or anything at all.
Look them up
>>
>>18005092
State and UNC
>>
>>18005044
>>18005110
CC and then transfer? In my state, doing 2 years at CC gets you guaranteed acceptance into any public school you want.
>>
>>18005097
What this guy says.

Why the fuck won't you goons go to trade school? They literally baby-step you for years and pay you the whole time. Good money, good hours, dirty work, but lots of flexibility and no debt. Some of them might not even do mandatory ganja testing.
>>
>>18005110
Well your three choices are hope you get accepted to the uni that deferred you, apply somewhere else, or go to ECU.

There's not much else you can do about something like this.
>>
>>18005126
Not everyone wants a manual labor job. Some people want to enjoy what they do. Stop shilling so hard.
>>
>>18005126
Because i'd rather chug everclear till I croak than get a job that breaks my body before age 40.
So I guess i'm a wussy.
>>
>>18005141
And the downward spiral commences.
>>
>>18005151
Yours or mine?
>>
>>18005097
>>18005126

Why does someone always have to shill trade school in every college thread?

Fuck off. Some kids inspire to do more than unclog a shit-filled toilet or operate heavy machinery.
>>
>>18005171
The fact of the matter is that college is not mandatory. Lots of people should avoid it. Hurry up and learn something and get to work.

Or just fuck off the rest of your life - who cares?
>>
>>18004952
Lots of rage OP, don't worry about it. I was in the same place.

What I did was go to a meme school, die working my ass off while everyone got wasted out of their minds partying and shit. Then transferred. It sounds like your grades were almost good enough for one of them, so you do have a chance. Even if it takes you 2 years w/e.

The only thing companies see after you graduate is what school you graduated from, not where you started. So 40K in loans might not end up with a degree from meme school.

It sucks, but if you buckle down you can do it. There wasn't any CC near me, but you could consider it to help you get into a non-meme school.
>>
>>18005171
>More than unclog a shit-filled toiler or operate heavy machinery

Fucking kids these days are so god damn ungrateful. Unless you're going into the medical field for a legitimate career, nothing you do will ever compare to what blue collar workers do for your ass.
>>
>>18004952
>At what point do I look at alternatives to college?
probably after your top two choices said no.

apply for a CC somewhere or a cheaper uni. were your grades shit?
>>
>>18005298
>medical field for a legitimate career, nothing you do will ever compare
Oh here we fucking go. Let's leave value judgments out of it, especially since nobody here is interested in trades. You should do what'll benefit and/or make YOU happy. If society benefits, well then that's a nice bonus/afterthought.
>>
>>18005323
I'm all for doing what makes you happy, but don't attack blue collar workers. Whether you want your feelings hurt or not, they're the backbone of this country. If you're gonna demean them and make it sound like what they do isn't honest hard work, I'll insult any profession you throw at me.
>>
>>18005298
>I'm a better person than you because my job sucks
Where is the source of this meme?
>>
>>18005298
The best part of being a doctor, is knowing blue collar poors can't afford us once they've broken their bodies and been taken out of their earning years 20 years early.
>>
>>18005338
I'm not even a blue collar worker. I just acknowledge how important they are, unlike spoiled children like yourself, who have never worked a day in their lives. These kids going to college and getting degrees in shit like gender studies, and their "job" is sitting on the internet complaining while collecting welfare checks. That's the true cancer killing this country.

Doesn't matter though. They're gonna get hit like a fucking truck with the way this country is going. Meanwhile the blue collar workers will continue to work hard, and will actually contribute to this country.
>>18005349
I know you're not actually a doctor, but that's cute.
>>
>>18005354
All dem pol buzzwords
>>
>>18005367
You mean "spoiled" and "work"? I know those are new words to you, considering one is what you are, and the other is something you'll never do.
>>
>>18005354
This. At least someone says how it is.
Most kids can't even do simple calculus and yet they all want to be an engineer. They have to realize, instead of wasting so much time and money they could do something useful. Or at least take time out of school to find their passion.

And about the value judgment: it's true, that's individual. But where's the point if you only enjoy yourself while studying and you won't find a job in that field after you graduate? It's not like 50 years ago. I mean look at the art history classes. They are full as full can be nowadays, nearly no one's passionate about it, and the 1 or 2 people who are will end up teaching it or working for a museum or something. But what about the other 148 in the class.

>>18005349
Sure. With this mindset you wouldn't be ready to be a doctor, just a psychopath.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.