[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I've been enjoying life less, my roommate and his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Lately I've been enjoying life less, my roommate and his friends keep getting more and more annoying, games bore me, movies bore me, books bore me, I don't want anything. I'm even wondering why I am in college. I have no motivation to work towards any goal, while others are fired up and work their asses off. Why am I such a sad cunt and what should I do to not be like this anymore?
>>
>>18004046
That image man. My fucking sides
>>
bumb af
>>
I don't seem to commit to anything either, everything gets boring really quickly to me and I don't know what I'll even do after I finish college. How do I motivate myself? How do I find what I really want?
I just don't really know what I want from myself and now nothing really satisfies me, I don't really have something that I am amazing at, I'm average at everything, which makes me hard to make up my mind on what I want, if I was good at something in particular, I'd probably want to get even better at that, but it seems like I can't do one thing for too long, I just lose interest and motivation to do it.
What do you guys do to really get yourself fired up and in the mood for work?

Also what the fuck does bumb mean? Is it a portmanteau of bum and dumb?
I guess I am kinda dumb for asking strangers on the internet for advice.
>>
>>18004122
Get a hobby. The hobby itself isn't really important, it can be anything. The important part is to have a goal you complete each day, while working towards a higher goal.

Lets say you decide to write a book. Each day, you can say "I'm going to write X amount of paragraphs today, and the chapter will be finished by Y date." This way, you have a difficult-to-accomplish higher goal, finishing the book, and a simple, relatively easy daily/weekly goal that advances you towards the higher goal.

Again, it doesn't have to be writing a book or anything like that. The hobby itself isn't important, what matters is the you pick a difficult-to-achieve goal, and set smaller goals that propel you towards the higher goal. The feeling of exhilaration once the higher goal is finally completed is amazing.
>>
>>18004046
i feel the same, but in my 30s
boring life
work, exercise, sleep, movies, shows
need to start a hobby
>>
Don't rely on motivation use discipline
>>
>>18005119
This guy is right. I was like you, feeling completely unmotivated by all my pursuits. Nothing I did ever seemed to make any progress, my actions made no difference to my situation, I was stuck in a web and all my tossing and turning did nothing to break me from it.

I'm swimming everyday now, can do 40 chin ups and push ups. Parts of my body that felt soft are now hardened and I'm no longer dressing to cover up my gut. I'm learning more and more about my craft everyday, out of sheer initiative and I'm able to identify what I need to learn next. My life isn't exactly a wonderful dream come true, but it feels like it's on the up.

A month has passed, and not once did I need to listen to some pumping music or read inspiring quotes. That's because motivation is but the occasional treat, not the necessary ingredient.

Approach each day with the mentality 'what can I improve/learn TODAY'. I exercise not to get my dream body, but to empty out the toxins and actually feel something. I read non academic books to learn at least one new idea. I practice my craft to do something I have yet to have ever done in my life.

Videogames, books, movies and shit talking friends aren't showing any daily gains. They are just drugs to pass the time and cool off- something you don't seem to need. You'll get that degree easily, so for you it's just a matter of riding out the terms- but instead try to learn something new each day about your degree, collect something from your readings and work.

>what do you guys do to really get yourself fired up and in the mood for work?

Honestly, I start off light and throw myself into it. That and I hold off any 'rewards' until I've done all that I need to do.
>>
go talk to a therapist
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.