[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you advise dorming or commuting to university and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Eva24DC_Kaworu.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Eva24DC_Kaworu.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
Would you advise dorming or commuting to university and why?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>18003909
Commuting is so much more economical. Dorms are often extremely overpriced compared to getting your own place (if you could stay with your parents that would be even better). The "college experience" is a meme invented so they can upsell you to live in the dorms.
>>
>>18003940
This. "You won't make friends or have a social life if you don't stay in a dorm" is just plain wrong too. Yes, dorms make it easier, but commuting isn't a barrier
>>
Dorm for sure if it's your freshman year. In high school I was generally liked but never had any really close friends and always felt bad about that. In college I decided to dorm with a random roommate and even though I'm not friends with that guy, pretty much all of my closest friends now are people that were on my floor, or people that I met through other people on my floor, and I would have never had the experiences that built our bond so much if I didn't live in the dorm. I might not have even met most of them.

If you already have a decent friend group or don't wanna make one, then commuting is probably the better option.
>>
>>18003956
I don't have any close friends either.
>>
Depends vastly. How far is the commute? How would you be commuting? Would it be feasible in inclement weather?

Dorms are more expensive. But you also really need to consider time. How long will it take you to get to class? If it's a long commute, what will you do if you forget something? Will you have enough time for school, homework, any other activities, and sleep if you have to bus 2+ hours every day? What happens in inclement weather? Do you have a backup?

Can you afford a dorm? Is there a system that will let you move or change roommates if you don't get along? Will you be able to get groceries etc. easily from your dorm?
>>
Enjoy your shit food if you live in a dorm.
>>
>>18003909
I come from another country so have to dorm. It depends, on the one hand dorming is good if you want to be close and to be more independent and meet new people, but staying home and commuting is less expensive
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.