[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do SSRIs fuck your dick/libido up? Do you go back to normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: happy pills.jpg (13KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
happy pills.jpg
13KB, 400x237px
Do SSRIs fuck your dick/libido up?

Do you go back to normal after stopping them?

I've heard it gets worse long term.

Can you tell me your experience with SSRIs? Thanks.
>>
Yep, it sure does. I was on a high dose of Prozac for a long time. After getting off, my libido is stronger, but it's not as strong as it was before, even after being off SSRIs for months now.

It could be from other stuff too though (weight gain etc)
>>
>>18003682
>Do SSRIs fuck your dick/libido up?
Yes
>Do you go back to normal after stopping them?
Chemical wise can take a while. Emotionally longer.
>I've heard it gets worse long term.
longer you are one them the longer recovery can take.
>Can you tell me your experience with SSRIs? Basically its your usual chemical dependence and recovery time combined with emotionally preparing yourself to have a sex life again.
>>
>>18003689
>>18003690
so you'll feel better but you'll lose your dick? goddammit

maybe that's why monks are so content. maybe life's about forgetting you have a dick.
>>
>>18003756
there are antidepressants that don't kill your dick

wellbutrin is usually prescribed for that very purpose
>>
>>18003756
monks can have a high libido, they just choose not to entertain lustful thoughts.
>>
This confuses me a lot.

I've been on the max dose of Zoloft for about two years and I never experienced any erection problems.

It did kill my sex drive though and it's harder to reach orgasm.

I stated tapering off about two months ago cutting down by 50 mg every month until I no longer need it.

It's been difficult tapering off, but I wonder how long after stopping the SSRI completely will my sex drive return to normal? I'm especially concerned because of how long I've been on this medicine for.
>>
>>18004084
Bump
>>
>>18004084
You'll get back to baseline once you're off it for long enough. The thing with this stuff is that there's always a psychosomatic component so you just have to not worry about it as much as possible and trust that your course of action is working.
>>
>>18004781
Thanks. The thing I'm worried about most is the drive. I used to have a healthy sex drive but now it's very low. This didn't bother me in the past, but I've started a relationship with someone and I don't want them to think I'm not attracted to them or something since my drive is so low, that's why I've started to taper off. I just hope my libido will go back up again.
>>
>>18003682

When I was on SSRIs I could not get a full erection and I could not have an orgasm. I only took them for a few weeks because of that. My psychiatrist said I would have gone back to normal if I stayed on them long enough.

She also prescribed me benzos and expected me not to mix them with alcohol when I was seeking treatment for alcoholism so she's probably full of shit.
>>
>>18004788
>I've started a relationship with someone and I don't want them to think I'm not attracted to them or something since my drive is so low

This sounds like a problem you can solve with communication
>>
>>18003682
Sexual side effects are very common with SSRIs, yes. The side effects can persist for months or even years after you stop taking them, but usually you don't have to wait for over a year. In some rare cases, people ended up with permanent erectile dysfunction although your psychiatrist will probably bullshit you and say that the side effects never last after you stop taking the meds. Doctors will generally bullshit you a lot and I'm saying this as a med student.

With some people, the sexual side effects will stop of decrease while they're still taking the drug. Personally, my libido was almost gone after 6 months of SSRIs, but then into the ninth month it started recovering even though I didn't quit taking them.
>>
>>18004897
The bullshit is fine with me, because lifelong ED after an SSRI happens to one in a million people. And that risk is worth the benefits of medication for a possibly fatal depression. The last thing doctors want to be doing for mentally ill, anxious suicidal folk is saying "your life might get worse from taking this"

Anyways OP I had a normal sex drive but took forever to orgasm. It was terrible. SNRIs killed my sex drive entirely though, so I didn't even miss it. It's very different per person but Wellbutrin is better for sexual effects
>>
Yep I'm on lexapro and I've had similar issues. Doesn't matter that much to atm since I'm not in a relationship.
>>
>>18004831
I'm not the best communicator though. I don't even know how something like that can come up in conversation
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.