[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just took a good hard long look at my life and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I just took a good hard long look at my life and I don't think I have a reason for living. The only real thing that keeps me going is the thought that things are going to get better but I don't see that happening at this point. I know my family would miss me but I wish I was fucking dead

How do I find meaning or a reason to live?
>>
>>18003058
the only true existentialist is a dead one

if you're still here you've found a reason to live

posting this thread means you've found a meaning to live
>>
>>18003063
I see what you're saying but how do I find out what it is?
>>
>>18003085
do you really need a 'reason' to keep on living?
can't you just do it for the hell of it?
>>
>>18003091
I just don't see a point if I'm not content or happy.
>>
If you're not content, then you have to put in the effort to find out why and how to fill that void yourself. No one is born knowing what their passions are, they have to find them. Are you under 30? Because most people are wishy/washy as fuck before that, so if your life isn't on track, that's probably why. You shouldn't compare your accomplishments to other peoples, but perhaps you should compare your desires/morals/hobbies/passions if you really feel like you are empty and have nothing going for you. I've found exercising and striving to do well at your job (I'm a server so the better I do, the more money I make, so there is an immediate gage of how well I'm doing) are good ways of feeling like your doing something good for yourself.
>>
>>18003058
One of my excuses was to cut contact and move away. Or say you're working for the CIA..
>>
If you are feeling exceptionally depressed pick anything at all and spend your time learning doing or contemplating it, Free time makes the mind wonder. Then you fall asleep because your tired and repeat. Best part is you don't have to commit if it's just little things. Although when you notice actual self improvement its very fulfilling. In other words try and make yourself smarter, or more physically fit, maybe both. At night you will be too tired to think about hanging yourself if you are systematically trying to make yourself better. Another benefit to this is you get to have something meaningful to say in conversations which leads to new bonds.
>>
>>18003058
Same here, but what I need is motivation to keep on, you anon?
>>
>>18003224
I feel my life lacks meaning or purpose. I don't have a general goal at the moment other than work and save money. It also doesn't help that I'm emotionally dependent on others
>>
>>18003058
You don't.
>>
>>18003058
I remember asking myself the same thing at one point but I was also severely depressed so I went to a therapist and after a while I stopped thinking about that kind of thing because I wasn't as miserable anymore. once you feel decent just existing is mostly effortless.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.