[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it impossible to resolve long-term depression/anxiety without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_lqpc7pUv0k1r1g5m2o1_500.jpg (134KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqpc7pUv0k1r1g5m2o1_500.jpg
134KB, 500x657px
Is it impossible to resolve long-term depression/anxiety without seeking medical/psychological help? Some days I don't notice it but it seems the more time I have to think to myself, the worse it gets. I figured it was some hormonal shit in my teens and that it'd go away over time, but it's continued into my twenties and it's beginning to get worse.
>>
Yes, but I think its more efficient and easier with the help of a professional.
>>
Yeah, i manaaged it, but it really does mean you have to do the things you really don't like to do. You have to go out more, you have to try make friends, you have to try improve your career or education, you have to take up a satisfying hobby, you have to clean your room, you have to work out. These things suck to do but make you feel a million times better if you keep it up, and it becomes easier to keep up after a while.
>>
Oops, I read OP as "is it possible"
>>
>>18002859
It's time consuming and exhausting, but may be possible if you work for it.
You'll have to go through many ups and downs, get used to them, face them, accept them, change yourself, your thoughts, accept your thoughts, find what matters in your life, find energy to pursue things that matter; all this while still sometimes feeling like you're drowning and sometimes being rather okay.
You'll go through hundreds of realizations such as "it seems the more time I have to think, the worse it gets". You'll notice it, question it, forget it, remember it again, implement it in your life, find it works for some time, then it's not working and you have to find another thing that works, you'll try to avoid thinking completely, but you'll realize it makes you feel like shit in the long run and you'll feel as if you never moved an inch, which will be completely untrue.

Outside help is helpful to speed up all of this, to be supported when you're down, to give you focus when you can change, to give you structure for peace of mind.

You can also try self-help books if you can stomach them. Sometimes they give you good ideas or another perspective.
>>
>>18002859
what would be the benefits of doing it without help? in some cases it is probably possible but it depends on many things.
>>
meditation , exercise and years of self help books and YouTube videos worked for me
>>
Eight years here

Tried books, exercise, music, medication, various sports and hobbies, a ton of drugs, self-improvement

I'm not sure, but I think I feel even worse now. Trying all those things ensured me that I was born broken and nothing will help.
>>
>>18002859
Depends

depression is either self-perpetuated with a lot of negative mindstates or an actual chemical imbalance.

Which one is it?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.