[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found bed bugs in my apartment. It's pretty common in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1485447439682.jpg (400KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1485447439682.jpg
400KB, 1920x1040px
I found bed bugs in my apartment. It's pretty common in my city. I mentioned it off-handedly to my boss and a few of my co-workers found out.

I felt kind of bad coming to work, but, at the same time, I might have picked up the bugs from my job. It's not as if I could afford to take up to two months off work unpaid while I wait for the infestation to be taken care of.

I've stopped mentioning it to people because of the reactions I've gotten, but how should I address it if someone asks me why the hell I dare show up to work when there are bed bugs living in my apartment?
>>
>>18002096

say you're smart, you bought bed bug resistant bags that you keep your clothes in, and this means they arent being brought to work, but that everyone should be careful because yiou have reason to believe you got them from work to begin with, so everyone else is at risk.

also throw in that you can't just stop working cuz then you'd become homeless.

even if you're lying. but in the future dont tell people. im sorry you got bed bugs. its a horrible thing.
>>
>>18002108
>but in the future dont tell people.
Yeah. I'm definitely not discussing my personal life at work anymore. If they were in my situation, they'd do the same thing. The only issue is that we're a non-profit agency that works with foster care and the disadvantaged looking to find work, which is why bed bugs have been a problem at the office in the past.

> im sorry you got bed bugs. its a horrible thing.
Thanks. I'm pretty pissed off about it.
>>
>>18002119

its a nightmare. took me over a year to get rid of them but i managed to. luck mostly i think
>>
>>18002123
>took me over a year
Holy hell. Were you living in an apartment complex or a house?
>>
>>18002125

apartment. i didnt get any outside forces involved though i tried to do it on my own.
>>
>>18002126
How'd you do it? And what were the steps such that it took over a year?
>>
>>18002128

it wasn't soem plan we had that took a year to do. i tried everything. everythign from sprays to just waking up a million times a night and killing every single one i could find.

after about a year my old wooden bed frame broke so i threw that out. i think that helped a LOT. from there i saw a few and killed them as i saw them.
>>
>>18002126
Ah. My city requires tenants inform their landlords about bed bug issues. They're obligated to handle it. My mistake was not letting them know soon enough, but, at the same time, the marks on my hands didn't look like bed bug bites. Then one night I woke up and found a dead bed bug. I immediately informed them.

>>18002132
My "rash" disappeared after they treated my apartment and I threw out my inflatable futon. It sucks because I don't have a couch anymore, but I'm glad it's working.
>>
>>18002143

hey if it works it works. i didnt get my landlord involved because shes difficult to deal with. thankfully it wokred out but i regret not telling her
>>
>>18002150
One of the guys at work I spoke to offered to effectively steal pesticides for me to use from the maintenance department if I wanted to try on my own.

My property management company are assholes. I suspect they dragged their feet in dealing with the issue/didn't give me information I needed to know because of a prior complaint I made.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.