[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to study too much for college, /adv/? Since the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1484444061709.jpg (18KB, 373x335px) Image search: [Google]
1484444061709.jpg
18KB, 373x335px
Is it possible to study too much for college, /adv/? Since the semester started, I haven't shaved because I don't have the time and I'm having to make myself eat because I don't feel hungry anymore. Every moment I have is buried in a textbook and when I can't study any longer from fatigue, I feel horrible and guilty. I feel like I haven't studied enough after six hours and I feel guilty when I have to take breaks. I feel like I murdered someone when I take a fifteen minute break to get some fresh air.

Has anyone else went through this? What do you guys think I should do?
>>
>>18002014
>Has anyone else went through this?
definitely not me

>What do you guys think I should do?
get a life loser
>>
>>18002014
>Has anyone else went through this?

Sadly anon, I went through this exact same thing. During my freshman and softmore year, I would study all day and feel bad when I was not studying. Then, during my junior and senior year, the reality of the situation dawned on me. Grades don't mean shit. GPA doesn't mean shit. The high GPA didn't help me get a job at all. I stuggled to find work, and then when I found it, it sucked.

Sorry to give you the redpill OP. It's a tough pill to swallow, but it's good for you
>>
>>18002014
Yes

You study enough for a 3.0-4.0 GPA and supplement that with things that are useful or fun. Join a club. make friends. Fall in love. if you feel like those aren't productive enough, get a job. You are wasting your youth.

what classes are you even taking where you need to study this much?
>>
>>18002014

how are your grades?
>>
Every academic I've ever talked to has said studying like that is fucking stupid.

You are going for quantity over quality and your work won't be efficient and health will suffer making it worse. Schedule time for work and time for non-work and stick to it. You clearly have to motivation to stick to a schedule. Make sure you do things you actually enjoy and don't work in blocks of more than 2 hours without break.

With a lot of subjects at university there's always more to do, more reading, more notes to make, but you just have to learn to live with being okay with not devoting every waking minute to academics
>>
>>18002014
What the fuck are you studying where you have to hit the books for six hours?

I hear engineering and stuff can be brutal but dude I was pre-med and I only studied hard for exams and shit and it was never that egregious besides the occasional all-nighter (which I only did because I had shit study habits, if I were putting in an hour a day proactively I would've been fine).

Maybe you have some kind of complex about your work ethic. I can't imagine you *need* to study this much, but maybe you have some kind of pathological fear of failure driving you to study compulsively. Think about it, and maybe seek help if you find it to be a problem.
>>
>>18002014
Are you quadruple majoring or something stupid? How can you be studying this much and still be this fucking stupid, stupid?
>>
You need to be more efficient at studying.
Only study what the prof says is going to be on a test.
>>
>>18002014
dude, i took upwards of 24 credits a semester, only studied for a few hours a day, and ended up with a 3.5 gpa by graduation
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.