[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, Just finished my M.Sci in mathematics(22yo) and am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1473017289735.jpg (46KB, 670x501px) Image search: [Google]
1473017289735.jpg
46KB, 670x501px
Greetings,

Just finished my M.Sci in mathematics(22yo) and am now teaching two courses at my local university: remedial math and introduction to statistics.

Most of my remedial math students are freshman and 75% female. Many of them are incredibly attractive -more so because they're all 18 - and I would like to pursue a relationship with them. However I do not know how to cross the boundary from professor->friend->lover.

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

>Tl;dr how to have relationship with your students
>>
>>18001026
>However I do not know how to cross the boundary from professor->friend->lover.
You don't because you could be fired for it and good luck having a successful career after that.
>>
>>18001035
Yep /thread but I don't think its considered immoral to go out with a former student you'll never teach again so check that possibility out. I don't mean you should groom girls to want to have sex with you because you'll eventually take it too far but maybe if you meet some chick at a bar randomly and it happens thats ok.

I think I read about some recent Basketball coach was a noted poonhound who had sex with many college girls and it wasn't technically wrong but he lost a lot of recruits over it.
>>
>>18001026
>professor
lol you're an equivalent of PhD student

Also how did you get to teach with a Master?
In every uni I know of you would need at least a PhD. A PhD student is a TA at most.
>>
>>18001068
>Also how did you get to teach with a Master?
Maybe his school was desperate for people to teach?
>>
>>18001072
>>18001068

Here in CA you can teach at universiti es with a master's but you'll be teaching lower division courses and are not required to do research.

Why so salty?
>>
From my experience, if they don't initiate anything don't bother. I am dating a first year right now, I was a substitute for her professor for one week.
There is no "how to" when it comes to dating students, you are free to lust after them. If you like some girl, quit teaching and do research like a man, then, maybe, if she likes you, she will accept your advance. In my case, I'm listed as research associate, but not in teaching faculty, so me dating an undergrad isn't against the rule.
>>
>>18001081
>Why so salty?
You jest. Anyone who has been in a university and knows what "professor" means would have the same doubt.

why so desperate kek
>>
>>18001083
Not to brag but a number of the girls have shown signs of interest, or at least flirtation, and I am pretty good looking so I'm pretty sure I'm not mistaken.

I know I sound pretentious, but this is the root of the problem as I dont know how to give those girls the push they need to attempt something, rather than just stay quiet in their feelings.
>>
All I can say is that sounds like an awesome position to be in all around, you'll fuck one eventually and when you do, obviously make a thread on /gif...

But honestly, enjoy it, and see if you meet them outside class somehow, I'm not sure overt advances in class will work
>>
>>18001088
Sure I agree with you. However consider a city college where most people have a masters. Do you say "Instructor John " or do you say "Professor John"? Almost everyone says professor, just because it's easier.

There is a distinction which most people are aware of, but in many cases it's just semantics that people overlook for sake of simplicity.

Yet the fact that you're making such a big deal about it gives off a strong impression of inferiority.

If you want to continue your trivial nitpicking, at least answer me what you suggest a student should refer to me as.
E.g
Sir John Doe
Mr. John Doe
Instructor John Doe....
>>
>>18001088
Rekt
By>>18001126
>>
>>18001106

>the push they need to attempt something, rather than just stay quiet in their feelings

Yeah I have no idea if such thing is possible. But here's my anecdote: Last year I had to substitute for my friend when he was away for conference and teach this really tedious calculus class for non-math majors, I've always hated teaching and especially this type of subject so I just breezed through everything, sighed a lot and stared at the clock, but I did my job, I showed them some standard analysis tricks like the countable epsilon trick that they had never seen before, I finished the lecture and still had like 10 minutes left, I talked to some guy about video games, finally the class was over, I announced that it was my only class and I don't teach and they probably won't see me again unless they are very lost. Afterwards, this girl came to me asked for my phone number. That's it. She's a second year now.

>>18001126

>Yet the fact that you're making such a big deal about it gives off a strong impression of inferiority.
You're a bit too presumptuous in establishing imaginary superiority over any person who would express doubt of your claim.
Merely pointing out what professor means gives off a strong impression of the fact that you have at least one person who works in academia in this thread :) But let's not dwell on that.

I was just honestly amazed because I have never knew any lecturer (this is how we refer to guys without tenure track) without at least a PhD teaching any class. In my uni teaching job has very standard requirement.
>>
>>18001126
>>18001145
>>18001116
Nice try "professor", posting on iphone?
>>
>>18001156
Affirmative

>>18001151
>Sighed alot

Made me kek
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.