[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just woke up and I can't hear out of one ear. Has this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0781.png (124KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0781.png
124KB, 500x512px
I just woke up and I can't hear out of one ear. Has this ever happened to you? What could it be? Please halp I'm kind of freaking out.
>>
>>18000519
if you slap your hand on your ear do you feel it resonate?

I had this once and it got better throughout the day
>>
>>18000521
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. It kind of feels like my ear still has an earplug in but it doesn't.
>>
>>18000530
When is the last time you cleaned out your ears? your drum might be covered in wax

If you press your flat hand against your ear, push down and SLOWLY let go again, do you feel a difference in pressure?
>>
You might need to have your ears irrigated by a doc.
>>
>>18000561
I second this
>>
Why the hell don't you just google it and get a far more accurate answer in two seconds, this is not the sort of thing to ask on this board.
>>
>>18000538
After every shower I use a tissue to clean the openings, but I never stick anything in past there because that risks puncturing the eardrum and/or pushing wax farther back. My ears have never felt like they were full of wax and I could hear crystal clear before I went to bed last night. I don't really feel a difference when I do that.
>>
>>18000587
if you feel no difference go to first aid, you might have a punctured eardrum or worse
>>
>>18000621
Well shit. I hope I'm just not doing it right. Can you still hear with a punctured eardrum? I can still hear a little bit. Nothing is painful.
>>
>>18000628
Hearing with a punctured ear drum is unlikely because there is no difference in pressure anymore. If you can still hear a little bit you probably have a clogged ear. Call your doctor to have it cleaned out
>>
>>18000644
Thanks for the help anon. I'll see if it goes away on it's own but if not I'll definitely do that. I'm hoping it's just an ear infection.
>>
>>18000648
I hope it's all just a big scare. good luck OP
>>
>>18000519
Probably just wax buildup .. get this regularly
See the doc to get it flushed out
>>
It's just a clogged ear. Happens all the time when I get sick (as in, right now). There's three things you can do:

1. Plug your nose and blow into it. That may cause your ears to "pop" and let out the buildup (or it could build more pressure, which is fine, but just a little uncomfortable).
2. Take a hot shower. The steam often loosens the clog.
3. Wait it out.

If none of these things work and it persists for a day or two, go see a doctor.
>>
>>18000519
Happened once in my life, fixed itself next day.
>>
>>18000655
>>18000761
>>18000765
Thanks for the reassurance you guys. My mom said to lay it on a heating pad so that's what I'm doing now.

>>18000561
>>18000579
>>18000752
If it doesn't resolve itself I'll definitely look into this. I'd be thankful if it was just earwax clogging rather than anything like a punctured eardrum or permanent hearing loss. Or a bug stuck in there.

What is it like to get your ears unclogged/drained? Is it uncomfortable or painful?
>>
>>18000519
This happened to me, i ran to the doctor who found inflammation in the middle ear (ear infection) and gave me antibios and said to take ibuprofen.

Was gone a week later
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.