[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rude co-worker (we'll call her "gigi") thinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1403623329220.jpg (182KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
1403623329220.jpg
182KB, 442x650px
>rude co-worker (we'll call her "gigi") thinks calling my sister an "accident" is hilarious
>on two other occasions she called my sister an "accident" because we were born in the same year
>i explain to her (nicely) my sister isn't an accident and don't laugh at her "joke" each time
>but she acts like i haven't explained this and keeps accusing my sister of being an accident
>there's a complicated history about my family which makes this offensive, and i'd rather not share this to my coworkers. especially to this moron.

>topic of birthdays at work; there's a gathering to celebrate january birthdays and the whole team is there
>gigi already asking "who was born an accident??" around 5 or 6 other co-workers
>someone else already tells her that she shouldn't be joking about that because it's sensitive
>gigi: "oh it's not a big deal!!"
>same co-worker warning gigi earlier asks about me and my sister, and asks how is it possible we're born in the same year
>gigi, before i can even respond: "That's because her sister was an accident!!!"
>i give gigi a dirty look and say bluntly "she's not an accident."
>i'm usually a very bubbly and happy person, but i guess this scared the people a little to see this side of me
>gigi is embarrassed and i honestly felt a little bad, i hate showing this side of me to anyone.

>on our work chat, i dm her and say "i'm sorry for losing my composure earlier, but i'd like if you stopped calling my sister an accident. this was like the third time after i explained to you she was not before. i just find it really rude."
>her response was just "ok."
>no apology, and i could tell she was still sour.

what do i do from here? she likes to hang around my co-worker friends/lunch group. she also sits right behind me and i don't like this awkward tension.
however, she's also been consistently rude to me (but i can usually handle it) but that accident thing about my sister crossed the line.
>>
File: 1404148232599.jpg (138KB, 502x494px) Image search: [Google]
1404148232599.jpg
138KB, 502x494px
>>17998823
and just for background for my family history:
>mom and dad was trying for a boy
>got my sister instead
>she was also born with some health issues too which complicated a lot of things for her growing up (such as chewing properly, getting sick easily, etc.) she also has dyslexia
>sister got mad neglected and was abused by both my mom and dad especially after my brother was born 2 years later.
>basically she was a scapegoat for my parents' failing marriage

>dad never cared for my sister; he literally never calls for her birthday or other holidays while he would message me and my brother
>mom never takes my sister's ailments seriously. (ex. when sister had surgery for her jaw so she couldn't talk. she was super dehydrated and was begging for water but the nurses wouldn't do their fucking job properly and my sister had to throw something to get their attention. my mom told my sister she was being rude to the nurse...)
>sister was endlessly bullied at school because of low self-esteem and worth; almost committed suicide before i convinced her out of it
>mom and dad never took her depression and anxiety and thoughts of suicide seriously and still thinks it would've never happened. this is how careless they were.

just to give an idea about how many fucks my parents give. things are (somewhat) better now for my sister but it's still sensitive

fuck man even typing that was hard for me. that's basically the gist of it though.
>>
You shouldn't have even apologized, she's being a really shitty person beating a lame joke to death for attention.
>>
>>17998880
yeah i kind of regret that now, but i'm not about to rip her a new asshole to make things worse or anything. i just wanted to make it really clear about how i felt and wanted to make peace (for the sake of coming to work with a comfortable atmosphere), but she has her pride in the way i guess.

should i talk to her again? i'm re-considering explaining why that's so offensive to me and if she has a heart at all she might understand why i reacted the way i did and why she should be more careful about saying that stuff.

but at the same time, this girl has a history of trying to make me look bad for the weirdest shit. like on one after-work hangout/council thing, i said something like "yeah lets get wasted!!" and the joke is the fact that i don't really drink a lot. (and i would never drink too much in front of my co-workers in the first place.)

so on another occasion when someone offered me a drink and i refused that time (because i didn't feel like it), she'll beat the dead horse (always with an audience around or loud enough so other people can hear her) and say something like "oh but i thought you like getting wasted?? you were SO bent about that at the last event!"

it's dumb, and i usually say something like "do you take everything literally" anyways, but in a light-hearted way so not to bring down the mood or anything. but she is kind of a bitch which is why i also don't trust her with any personal information.
>>
>>17998938
Nah, for now just assume she took the hint. If she insists on it again then be more blunt. I doubt she'll do it again since you kind of called her out on it in front of your coworkers. She's using it for attention from them and ended up embarassing herself, probably doesn't want to repeat.

But don't feel bad for defending your sister, she's a cunt and you handled it with more patience then I would.
>>
File: IMG_4152.jpg (141KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4152.jpg
141KB, 960x960px
>>17998823
Gigi sounds like a supreme cunt.
I think you handled it very maturely, anon. I would have probably gone off if someone said that shit in front of me.
If it happens again, maybe contact your HR department or any higher up.
>>
>>17999065
thanks; yeah i'm pretty sure she won't be pulling the "accident" trigger again. just the aftermath of the whole situation is what i'm wondering what i should do...

i suppose i can kind of ignore her til this awkwardness fades. (if it ever does.) or maybe i can act like normal and still be friendly. (even though i don't think she deserves it... but i genuinely just want to get along with everyone) i don't know what would be the better route.

if she decides to duck out of eating lunch with me and my friends too, i would feel half responsible for that and i wouldn't know what to do. i just feel like the bad guy right now. i'm already not looking forward to monday.
>>
>>17999131
thanks, i admit it took all of me to not say something worse.

oh yeah, HR is something i haven't considered.... i guess i'll see what she does next and make my move from there. i doubt that she'll try the accident thing again, but who knows what else she might say about my sister.

i'll look into it, thanks. for now though, just wondering how to deal with the awkward aftermath of the situation.
>>
>>17999173
I've been in a situation like this, sorta. I've snapped at people being cunts at work and it's pretty awkward afterwards.

I'd suggest just focusing on doing your job, and trying your best to be neutral about it unless she pulls another stupid stunt again. After all, work isn't supposed to have drama (even though it's gonna happen regardless), so the best thing to do would just be as professional about it as you can.

I mean you already apologized when you didn't even have to. If she's gonna be salty, it's her own fault. People will take notice of how immature she's being and it'll bite her in the ass in the end.
>>
>>17998823
Is Gigi hot?
asking for a friend
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.