[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I overcome an intense fear of driving? I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

How do I overcome an intense fear of driving? I've never been in or even seen any traumatic car accidents, I'm just petrified of learning how to drive. Even the thought of sitting in the driver's seat fills me with absolute dread. I've had people in the past attempt to teach me, but I just end up acting like a total child and refusing. I've actually destroyed a few friendships over this. I've lived in large cities with public transportation, but it's pretty limiting to not be able to travel anywhere else.

The guy I'm currently dating is very close to breaking up with me because I can't overcome my fear. Please help.
>>
>>17998423
>How do I overcome an intense fear of driving?

By sitting the driver's seat of a car in operating the vehicle in its intended manner.

There's no other way around this. Go drive a friend or family member's car around in an empty parking lot to find your feet.
>>
Just put yourself in situations where you learn to drive. Have someone drive you to an empty parking lot and just get a feel for the car there. Then take it on an unpopulated back road (with your permit, of course) and drive it for a couple miles there. Just gotta take baby steps and build up from there. But you definitely need to learn to drive sometime soon, as you have already seen it's already having huge negative impacts on your life.
>>
>>17998423
> tfw over here you need to do theoretical lessons (14 lessons each 90 minutes long), first aid course (basically lasts one day)
> then pass a theoretical test
> then you are allowed to take drivers lessons
> Usually 14-20
> on top of that there are all sorts of special driving classes you need to take
> then you have your practical test
> and then you spend 1500-2000 Euro on your drivers license
>>
>>17998432
yeah, this
you just have to do it
>>
>>17998434
>and then you spend 1500-2000 Euro on your drivers license

Jesus fuck do they really hate motorists that much?
>>
>>17998451
Driving on the Autobahn is not free anon
Sometimes the great German Autobahn needs to be cemented with the Euros of poor youth just wanting to drive.

Nah really its just the driving schools making big money from it and it being accepted because the industry behind it is just so big (honestly, being a driving teacher is the best paying job without further qualifications in Germany).
>>
>>17998423
by doing it
>>
Like fear of planes, you fear what you don't understand op

A car is heavy machinery just like any other else. You probably fear that you'll damage it or lose control but the thresholds for both things are pretty high if you know how it works and how to operate it properly.

Also, what the other anon said, just go to an empty space and drive it on first gear until you get used, and move on from there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.