[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are multivitamins a meme? I don't really have a balanced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1478378647712.png (560KB, 513x759px) Image search: [Google]
1478378647712.png
560KB, 513x759px
Are multivitamins a meme? I don't really have a balanced diet and that's not changing anytime soon.
>>
>>17998122
better than nothing. But you have tot take them with food of they just blow right through you.
>>
Multivitamins are a supplement only to eating a balanced diet. They're not a substitute to food.
>>
>>17998122

nope, vitamins are good. not all vitamins are created equal from what i hear though.

I've been taking chewable vitamins just because thats what all mens vitamins seem to be at my store. either way ive been taking them for a year now and do notice that i have a better immune system. illness used to kick my ass, now i seem like a normal person.

i also eat healthier in general though so that may be it, though i imagine both are factors.

regardless, the thing to consider is that vitamins wont magically fix what problems you have. you are already on the 'decline' once you hit about 22. after that your body is just going downhill. eating healthy, exercising etc. is what slows down your decline, it wont heal your existing problems.
>>
>>17998122
arent they like super expensive???
>>
>>17998288

not really. 10 to 25 dollars for a months supply depending on the brand.
>>
>>17998122
They won't do much for you until you get your diet in check, but it's still better than nothing. If you don't want to put forth the effort into cleaning up your diet, or you have a hard time due to costs, look into something like Soylent or Ketochow.
>>
>>17998122
Multi-Vs are crap. They give you bunch of stuff you probably don't need. And overdosing on a soluble vitamin (e.g., C) can't be healthy so it must be bad, regardless of what "don't-care-that-much" people say.

Some are important: B12, Iodine, iron, electrolytes...

If you're concerned, get a blood test for all the important ones. At least put more effort into your health than buying stuff.

Oh, and stay away from chewables. They're soft plastic, acrylamides or other carcinogens. Eat halfway thru meals. I crunch them a bit to aid digestion.
>>
>>17998324
>And overdosing on a soluble vitamin (e.g., C) can't be healthy so it must be bad,

You have it exactly backwards. Overdosing on soluble vitamins is 100% okay, it's insoluble ones that can in extremely unusual circumstances cause difficulty. Vitamin C is one of the most non-toxic things you could possibly ingest. You can literally inject grams of it into you intravenously and it wouldn't harm you.

Multivitamins probably aren't a good idea to take, in theory they should work but the science just isn't there to justify it. The ONLY people they will benefit are people with shit diets, which ironically aren't likely the ones buying them. If your diet is really that shit then maybe go for it, but don't count on them and don't leave your diet problems unfixed. I take a couple of supplements since I'm a vegan but not a multivitamin.
>>
>>17998324

I'm actually slightly anemic and iron is what I'm mainly aiming for, but other vitamins are good too?
>>
>>17998122
You actually have to work very hard at self-abuse to develop a vitamin deficiency, so they're not absolutely necessary.

On the other hand, you should be able to find some store-brand multivits for 2 or 3 cents a pill, so why not?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.