[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I failed all of my classes in high school and dropped out during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Takumi.jpg (40KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
Takumi.jpg
40KB, 350x262px
I failed all of my classes in high school and dropped out during my sophomore year. I'm 20 now and I live with my dad. I deliver pizzas for a living and don't make enough to live on my own. What the fuck do I do with my life? I wish I had the courage to just fucking kill myself.
>>
Hit the books and get your GED obviously.
>>
>>17997705
I already did. I'd like to go to college but there is nothing that really interests me and I don't think I would be able to afford it anyways. I looked into a nearby trade school but you need proof that you passed algebra in high school and I didn't.
>>
>>17997709
in that case just take local city college/community college classes until you figure it out. You're still young and have many years ahead of you. I have lots of friends who are just taking their GE's right now and transferring to more established schools/trade schools so they don't have to dump as much cash. Baby steps yah know?
>>
>>17997709
Have you talked to their admissions about it? Since you have a GED that might be waived. Go to your community college's website and see what programs they offer, something might look interesting. What sort of things do you like or find yourself looking into in your free time.
>>
>>17997724
Nothing, really. I just waste time on the internet and play video games like every other loser. I like cars and music as well.
>>17997722
I doubt my ability to even afford community college, at least not with the job I have right now. I'm saving up money for a car but I only have like $1000 saved up.
>>
>>17997701

>cant live on own with pizza delivery tips

weird, you see mexicans support whole families on that
>>
>>17997734
I went to City College classes in my area and for a semester each one was around 60ish dollars. Can't hurt to look!
>>
>>17997737
On a good night, I make around $60 in tips, but I have to put at least $15 back into gas.
>>
>>17997753

bummer. i mean i manage to survive on just 1500 a month in los angeles, though i only need 100 for transport a month because of metro... though 300 bucks a month go into savings so i suppose i could get a car if need be
>>
>>17997772
What are you spending on rent and food?
>>
>>17997772
Do you share an apartment with someone or something?
>>
>>17997734
>I doubt my ability to even afford community college

Bruh, if you're poor enough to qualify for a Pell grant you'll probably be in the green your whole time there as far as school expenses go.

What kind of work do you want to be doing ten years from now? Something technical and skilled? Something dealing with people?
>>
>>17997787
I thought I'd like to be a LEO but that's not really an option due to my mental health history. I'm not really sure what I want to do. I enjoy socializing with people but I also like having some autonomy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (31KB, 973x543px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31KB, 973x543px
>>17997780

yes, actually the 300 i save is actually because ive offset soem rent.

I have a two bedroom apartment in hollywood for 1500 a month, but i only pay 400, cuz i charge 1100 to sublet my spare room.

>>17997779

my budget is pic related.
>>
>>17997799
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?
>>
>>17997806

i manage a psychic, though I only work about 5 hours a day
>>
>>17997734
How do you deliver pizzas without a car?
>>
>>17997815
My dad let's me borrow his car for work.
>>
>>17997818
Well that is nice of him.

Anyways, try to find some classes to take so you can apply to trade school. Otherwise pursue classes at a community college that get you certification that make you employable. Where do you live?

You're still young and have time to move up. I even went to college and got a BA and ended up working in food delivery before I was finally able to build up the experience to translate my degree into something that could get me a good office job.
>>
>>17997836
I live in Michigan. While I'm not opposed to trades, I just feel like I'd rather do something else. Like I said earlier, I wanted to be a cop for a while but I've been seeing a therapist for the past five years and I've been prescribed medication for depression and ADHD before and I believe this would disqualify me. I enjoy solving puzzles/figuring stuff out and I'm pretty good at reading people/situations.
>>
>>17997798
I can repeat the same recommendation I give to everyone asking here, but I'm well aware it's not for everyone.

"Machine Tool Technology"

I like to make things, and the idea that I'm a competent craftsman in my own right is a big part of the appeal for me. The money can be good too.

>>17997855
>I enjoy solving puzzles/figuring stuff out

Do you think you could ever learn to enjoy math?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9pD5vIHJ8M
>>
>>17997815
Pogo stick.
>>
>>17997880
I actually enjoyed math in school, but I never paid much attention so all I know is very basic algebra and geometry.
>>
>>17997889
That's pretty much all you need for most stuff. CNC may require a bit of semi-advanced trigonometry, but all that boils down to some equations that seems a lot more complicated than they are.

The actual work you could be doing in that field varies wildly. You could be on a computer all day taking an engineer's napkin scribbles and turning it into something the floor guys can actually read, producing parts yourself on machines, making the tools that the production guys are using to produce parts, setting up fixtures and proving out new CNC code, writing that said code, working in quality control as an inspector, making replacement parts for broken stuff...

Someday you may even save up the capital to open your own machine shop.There's a lot you could be doing, and it all depends on how good you are at it.

Just something to think about. It's very satisfying work. Frustrating at times, but satisfying in the end.

Have a long one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dl5J9b8GBw
>>
The military?
>>
>>17997988
No good without a High School diploma.

Certainly not with any mental health issues of any kind. I'm DQ'd because of fucking ADD.
>>
>>17997701
Wait as long as you aren't in NYC or something can't you move like 45 mins out of the city and get a room for 300 bucks?
>>
>>17997809
How the fuck can anyone say the city sucks? That's such a bull shit career that makes you money
>>
>>17999078

I love the city. and i love my job. but jobs like these are on the rare side. every single one of my friends works at a restaurant and struggles.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.