[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>17997503 No, I'd hardly start down a path that'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

>>17997503
No, I'd hardly start down a path that'll take 10 years like a surgeon or something, but it's not too old.
>>
no, but I would stick to maximizing the "make yourself employable" aspect over the "learning" aspect, if that makes sense.

Go to a community college to save on loans - the internet makes me realize more and more that the quality of education and what is taught simply isn't that different: some of the clearest video explanation of CS and EE topics are from community colleges.

And work a lot on your resume, practice pitching yourself, etc.

Thank you for the phenomenal titties OP. best of luck.
>>
>>17997503

Too late

What the fuck are you doing here grandpa
>>
>>17997503
Hell no. I'm 22 and I'm in classes with guys in their 50s and kids fresh out of High School.
>>
>>17997503
For some reason kids in the USA think 25 is old, but it's a very young age. In my country the regular age for guys to start med-school is 25 due to obligatory military service, people usually taking time to save money and to travel, and due to the difficulty of getting in. It's a 6 year program+1 year internship, so you finish at 32-33, do you think anyone cares that you will be practicing for "only" 35 years instead of 40 before retiring? Or that you will only have 30 years after your residency rather than 35? It doesn't make a difference in the long run.
Personally I'm on the MD-PhD program, which is 10 years long, I have people with e who started when they were 27-28, and will finish close to 40, still no one gives a shit.
>>
what the fuck, no.

in my philosophy class, there was a 70 year old grandma in there. Stop this "too old" ideology, no one gives a shit how old you are
>>
>>17997503
no if you have pic related boobs
>>
For what reason? It depends on your goals.
>>
My aunt is 47 and just started college, so no.
>>
>>17997503
There is a +70 year old man in my IT course. Nobody complains. You'll be fine.
>>
Nah, never too old to get an education.

However, you will have to keep in mind you're not getting the "traditional" college experience. You will probably be much older than most of your classmates, ergo you're not going to get too much of the social aspect behind college. Don't expect to be invited to any frat parties or anything.
Go get a degree if it's going to mean you can get a better job/life though. It's never too late to work towards a better future.
>>
>mfw I'm from center europe and people feel insulted when you say 70 years is old
>they say life has barely started at 30
I really don't get your American age obsession. Just live your life and stop caring about every tiny detail.
>>
I'm 26 and it kind of sucks having to do assignments with much younger people.
Not cause they are stupid, they're just so immature yet try hard to pretend they are and it can get messy
>>
>>17997503
Nope. I'm nearing 28 and will probably try for college within the next year or two, if I can get the right hours. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what you want to do with your life. And sometimes life itself gets in the way of plans.
>>
>>17997503
No, even better, because you will have young pussy available really easy. good luck.
>>
>>17997503
Not at all. In almost every class there are a handful of slightly older but still young adults, and then there's always one or two super old people who are usually pretty cool and the best people to work with in group assignments.
>>
>>17998240
You make it seem as if the guy is 40
>>
>>17997503
I'm 35 and I'm starting college.
>>
Better late than never, OP.
>>
>>17997503
My mother was a secretary working a dead end job. She decided that she wanted something better and so she started college when she was 42. She ended up getting a master's degree in civil engineering. She is now a school teacher and has been teaching for 10 years. She makes at least 40k more than she would have if she stayed as a secretary. It's never too late to improve yourself.
>>
>>17997503
Professor writing here.

College isn't just for 18 year olds anymore. In many universities between 25 and 50% of the undergrads are your age or older. You will hardly stand out. And your greater maturity and motivation will very probably lead you to higher grades than the kids.

You might feel a little out of place socially, but that's because the younger students are more visible. Those your age tend to live off campus, not be in fraternities, etc. But you can find them, and many schools have events, advisors, and even deans for the older students.
>>
>>17997503
I went back to college at 26
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.